Monday, May 11, 2009

What makes a mom?

When I was a child, all I ever wanted to be was a mom. I have always loved kids, and I have always loved to play hard.I grew up and got marriend to my Prince charming. Life was bliss until children did not come into the picture for us year after year. I was sad. My Heart hurt. Mothers Day was the worst! All of these great moms were celebrated. All but me. Of course I got the courtesy flower at church. Pretty soon Mothers Day became "Black Sunday" for me. I hated it, I cried. Of course we did our best to celebrate our own moms, but it was just a hard day for me.
Ten years after we were married. We got this cute little Angel Mikayla-

She came just days befor Mothers Day. What a gift she was. But I still found myself being sad. I had so many friends and people I knew that wanted to be moms too. So my heart still ached, dont get me wrong, I loved being a Mom, I was just sad for all of the others who longed and mourned.
Soon another little angel came-
Little Meggie... She too was a bright spot in my world. Her giggle is enough to make anyone happy. But those darn "Mothers Days" were still so hard for me. There are so many women that teach, nurture, love and support our children.
After a little stint- comes my large and in charge Boy Mace,

I mean really he is the sweetest boy EVER! We just love him, and he wears us out every single day, and he definately keeps us young!
Life does not get much better in my world! I love being a Mom, I love being my childrens Mom! I am grateful for every day that I get to spend with them. I wont lie, I still have a hard day on Mothers Day. In my opinion, it should be "Womens Day"-then we can celebrate all women.
I love all of the wonderful women in my life, and in my husbands life, and especially in my childrens life. Here's a little tribute to you sweet ladies that make such a difference for us-

Helen-who loves all of our children so very much!

Andrea- who helped to complete our family.

Traci- the angel that healed my heart.

My Mama-who still takes care of me at 42. I love my Mom! She is the best Mom and Grandma to my kids.

My other mama-who gave me such a great husband. Steves mom is one of my dearest friends and confidants. We are all lucky to call her Mom and Grandma.

For me now, I have come to terms with it-It's a National Holiday so-I will deal, but I make certain that my friends and people I know that are not Mothers know how much they mean to me on this day.

My Mothers Day was great today. It started with a breakfast in bed from Daddy and Mason-
It was a fabulous day, I loved all the wonderful gifts and loves I got from each of my kids. It ended spending it with Steve's family-so I got to spend the afternoon and evening with my great sister-in-laws. All in all, I am truly a blessed woman!

6 comments:

The Boltz Family said...

Thanks so much for allowing us to be part of the Amazing Scoresby Family. We will always love you guys.

Sally said...

Sweet post Keri! You are the best mom! I agree with you it should be "women's day". All I want for mother's day is another baby and even though I have been blessed with four miracles I still feel there is one more, so these past 4 mother's days have been hard for me. Not as hard as the heartache you went through! It's just an emotional day!

Love you!

Semi Granola Mom said...

Glad to see you had a good mom's day :)
Can I get on your email list about the meetings you do on the off month, I would be interested in coming :)
~C

Maleen said...

I have never experienced heartache like that, but I do wish every woman could feel special every day, but especially on Mother's Day. I agree that Women's Day would be just as good.

Barb said...

I like your idea.

Chelle! said...

What a sweet post!! I am so glad that you received 3 beautiful little ones!!!