Sunday, May 31, 2009

Let the Games Begin

I have loved every stage of my childrens lives. As they have gotten older, it has been so much fun. They are all pretty independant, yet they still need their Mama and Daddy for their hugs, kisses, and tuck ins. But the ages that they are at right now is a blast. I have had to let a little of my "control" go and become a little more "fluid".
One of the things that my kids LOVE to do is play "Night Games". Yes their Dad introduced this to them several years ago at a family reunion and they play any chance that they get. They have even played a few times in the winter. Crazy kids! Well you know it is only the second day of summer for us, and one weekend has not passed without playing "Warden" and "Commando". Last night our backyard was graced with 10 kids-Mason the Youngest playing in the dark. We have the perfect back yard for it. It's big, has a ton of places to hide and its high fenced. Whala-I dont have to worry about where they are. Anyways, I am glad that they can go out and have a great time. I am sure there will be many a more nights this summer filled with kids and flashlights.
In the photo: Sophie, Kaitlyn, Rachel, Joan, Trevor, Nathan, Mace and Mikayla. Megan and Christian are hiding.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Many nights of my youth were spent playing kick the can or sardines. What memories.

Maleen said...

So nice that you can trap them in...I always like to know where my kids are.

Deanne said...

You do have the perfect backyard for night games! I'm glad you're putting it to good use. The kids look so carefree and happy. Happy summer!

Karen said...

I remember many days of backyard games with the kids in "the hood". Kick the can was a favorite. Steve could always manage to come up with some new games to play.