Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A noteworthy post---

If anybody knows me, they know that about 19 years ago, I had a run in with a pressure cooker while canning beans. I was a young newly wed at the time and borrowed a canner from a neighbor. To make a long story short, the pressure cooker had a faulty gauge and it blew up on me. I suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my legs, and spent a significant amount of time in and out of the hospital. Well due to my trauma-I have not canned since.

Much to Steve's dismay he would like me to get over my fear and try again. I think its something about all the canning his mom does that makes him feel I need to be just like her. So I finally did a little canning on Monday. I made some jars of strawberry freezer jam. It is so pretty, and I am so proud---Ssshhhh, don't tell my brain that it really wasn't canning.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Can I try some?

Maleen said...

Tyler LOVES that stuff. I need to come and make some with you. When are you free? What do I need to bring?

Cindy B said...

Way to go! And it looks yummy to me.

Anonymous said...

buy alprazolam online no prescription much does 1mg xanax go - generic name for xanax