Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Hardened Criminal

I had to go to court on Monday the 4th. Yes I was speeding in a school zone. Got pulled over one block from my house. It is mandatory that you appear in court now in our city if you are caught speeding in a school zone. Infact it is a "Class C misdemeanor". Nice huh!

I had a good time teasing the kids that I might have to go to the slammer. Infact they were so worried I got this response.
-Mace said morning prayers and asked that I be blessed to not go to jail.
-Meg got up at 6 am to kiss me and wish me luck, because I might have to go to jail.
-Meg also called during school and quietly whispered to me-"Mom are you in jail?"
-Mikayla of course knew all along that her mother is never serious.

I realized I probably had gone to far, and told them to not be telling their friends and teachers I might have to go to jail. Although I do not have to go to jail, I do have to go to traffic school on Thursday night.

3 comments:

Deanne said...

Hilarious! I can only imagine their thoughts of visiting mom in the slammer. I think every driver should have to go to traffic school at least once every ten years. I had to go several years ago, and it was very eye-opening. It made me a much more cautious driver. You'll be in our prayers, too!

Barb said...

HA HA HA! Meg and Mason!!

Karen said...

Wow. Keri a speeding ticket. I can't even imagine. Do you remember racing Derek to see who could get home first? We kicked his butt!!!!!