Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Steve!

This post is for you Stephen! Happy Birthday I love you!

I have known Steve for 27 Years! We met in High School- I was 15 and he was 17. I fell in love with a Senior! We dated until he went on his mission in 1984-1986 to Korea. He left me behind my Senior year. To wait.....yeah right! I admit now that I dated more than I waited. Maybe a little too much, but in the long run-we made it.
I have celebrated 27 birthdays with him. Holy Cow! We have had a great life together. Lots of ups, and lots of downs. Lots of defeats, and lots of victories. Lots of sadness, but lots of joys. Lots of tears, yet lots of laughter. I think that is called growth. We have literally grown up together in this life. I cant think of anyone I would rather grow up with.
Steve has a GREAT family! I love them all, and I am blessed to be a part of such a great family.

Steve likes to do alot of things. He loves to golf-especially his his Dad and Brothers.
He has blue in his veins-

He loves to be an "Entrepenuer"-much to his families dismay. He is really into "Internet Marketing" right now on the side.
He loves his job with AFLAC- but hates his boss. (Can he leave already!) He has been with Aflac for almost 8 years!

He has an amazing library- chuck full of Positive books.(try moving all of those boxes!)
He loves candy and has a huge sweet tooth!
He is the best daddy in the whole world to these little munchkins-

And the best husband and friend to me!

Happy 44th Birthday Stevie Wonder Buns! We love you!

44 Reasons I love You! (and in no particular order)
1.I love your laugh!
2. I love that you are gentle in your discipline.
3. I love that you play with our kids.
4. I love your cute butt and thighs! (TMI)
5. You make me laugh (all the time)
6. You have strong values and convictions.
7. You love the gospel and live it.
8. You are a hard worker!
9. You have a determination to succeed.
10. I love that you always pose for your photos.
11. You are the best nurse to the kids when they vomit (as I am a vomit phobic)
12. I love that we have volumes and millions of memories together.
13. I love that you temper my wrath.
14. I love that you try really hard to scare me. Haha-I think I am ahead now!
15. I love that you worry about me and my safety.
16. I love that we started our journey in life together.
17. I love your attempts at romance.
18. I love that you collect games and that we can share time together with family and friends.
19. I love that you love to travel. (with me!)
20. I love your forgiving heart.
21. I love that you "try" to be frugal. (You weekly DI shopper!)
22. I love that you know your scriptures and the gospel well.
23. I love that you have a testimony.
24. I love your back rubs (do it more often please)
25. I love that you surprise me often by cleaning the house.
26. I love that you support me and my job (hobby or whatever it is)
27. I love your sensitivity to our children and to me.
28. I love that you are fair.
29. I love that you are not afraid to cry.
30. I love that you are a movies buff.
31. I love to watch you watch our kids perform, and that I get to catch a few tears from you as you watch with a proud heart.
32. I love that you have a sweet tooth like me.
33. I love your teasing nature. (We all do except your sister Barb.)
34. I love that you hire out projects instead of making a disaster. ie. cars, lawn.
35. I love that you are very loyal to your family and friends.
36. I love that you set goals and have a vision.
37. I love that you try to hide from me and make me find you. You are silly at 44!
38. I love that your attitude is "Try or can" but not Cant.
39. I love you because you are fun and always looking for adventure.
40. I love that you are home grown..Nothing changes.
41. I love that you take time for me.
42. I love that you support our family temporally, emotionally and spiritually.
43. I love you because you are perfect for me.
44. I love you because you are what a father and husband should be.

2 comments:

Barb said...

What about golfing with sister, Barb? :-P I resent your teasing comment. HAHAHAHA just kidding.

Maleen said...

I really think you two are perfect for each other. If there were soul mates, you certainly found yours.