Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Mikayla!

Our baby is 12!

I am still having a hard time believing that she has been a part of our lives for 12 years. Where does the time go? We have truly been blessed to have Mikayla as our daughter. She is an amazing child! She makes us smile every time we see her, or think about her.
Some FAQ's about Mikayla-
*She loves chocolate!
*She loves to dance! (Duh)
*She is a straight A student.
*She loves music
*She plays the piano
*She is NOT a cook yet (she almost burned the house down in a small pan on Saturday!)
*She loves to babysit
*She loves to read
*She loves her pink blankie
*She loves green, blue and yellow
*She loves steak and corn on the cob
*She loves her daddy
*She loves to travel
*She is excited to be in Young Womens
*She is a great sister, daughter, and friend.
We love you sister!


I picked her up and took her to lunch. We had a great time. I surprised her with a visit from her biological mom. The three of us had lunch together. She was so excited.

After dance-we had a family shin dig. She loved all of her gifts. We also invited Traci and her family to join us. The kids had a great time, as did we. I dont think Mikayla ever thought that she would get to spend her birthday with both her moms. It was very special for all of us. I got a little teary several times throughout the day. Our family has been very very blessed by our birthmothers. We love them so much!

Make a wish!

Kayla and her brothers Dayton, Mason, and Jack

Steve, Mikayla, Traci and I
(I am bummed at these photos-I had my camera on the wrong setting!) grrrr
It was a fun day! We love you Mikayla
*More partying soon, as her big bash will be on Friday and on Sunday with the extended fam.

5 comments:

Deanne said...

I got a little teary reading this! Happy Birthday, Mikayla!

Barb said...

Don't forget she is a great niece too!

Maleen said...

Yay! Happy Birthday. I'll have to have the girls do something for her; they love her so.

Sheri said...

Okay, way to make me feel birth parent guilty!!!!I am not so guttsy! Tell Mikayla to have a happy birthday! Did she get the traditional right of passage 12 year old girl gift? You know the green and pink tube of mascara?

jennaloha said...

What a special day for a special little girl. My first niece!