Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School

School Started Monday! It was a sad day for me. I love having my kids home with me, and I have loved having a little co-pilot hanging out with me for the past 6 years. Yep, he was off to school. Boy he was ready! He was excited and eager and couldn't wait. Me-I was teary the whole way home from dropping them off.
Mikayla is the oldest at the academy. She is in 6th grade.
Megan is smack in the middle-She is in 4th grade.
Mason is the baby- 1st grade.

Needless to say, it is too quiet around here!

6 comments:

Tamalama said...

I feel your pain! School started here on the 11th! Girt was definitely ready too. I sure miss having her around! Love the uniforms! Where did you get them? I'm looking for pants for Girt, French Toasts fit her wierd.

Sheri said...

I am not looking forward to that day when school starts around here. I cry every year, but this year, I will really be alone and Dave will wonder what I do with all my free time? I don't need that kind of pressure.

{jane} said...

I think we need to start a petition that kids go back to school after labor day, what is up with school tstarting in the middle of August?!?

Your kids all are so cute, I love Mikayla and Megan's little peter pan collar'd shirts... AND, my oldest three are one year right behind each of yours - we'll be doing 5th, 3rd, and all-day kindergaren this year.... although, I still have my BUSIEST child at home! It really doesn't matter that the older 3 are gone all day, Sela can destroy way faster!

Cindy B said...

They look great! Hope that they have a good year and you enjoy getting a little rest.

Emilie said...

Bitter sweet I am sure~! Where will your kids attend school after Noah Webster?

Rynell said...

I felt the same way! My littlest will start preschool after Labor Day though, so I get a few more days with my little co-pilot.