Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Fete Day"

What is "Fete Day" you ask. Well, our good friends the Caziers (sorry to post before you Maleen-I waited) apparently started this holiday 4 years ago. (*Note Maleen and I must have been like sisters at some point-we both love to party and be creative--love ya Maleen!) August is the only month in the calendar year that does NOT have a traditional holiday. Most people would say "Yeah! A break!" Not our Maleen. She is like me---she likes to have any occassion to party! She and Tyler started "Fete Day". In French it means "Party Day". So we partied. They invited us to their "Fete". So a color was chosen. We all had to wear "PURPLE". (*Donny Osmond loves purple--I was happy for this color choice) We also had to draw names of everyone coming to the Fete Party. We then bought gifts under $5 in the color purple for that person. OK so let me just say, that was FUN! I was laughing my head off the entire shopping trip. Let's just say there was some creativity.
We met at the bowling alley and went bowling--
Here are the Scoresby Strikers! WOOHOO- dont you love the purple tye dyed shirts, and the Purple Bowling balls!


We had a great time, and I WON! I have never beat Steve in bowling. I was crowned the Queen bowler! Now mind you, Steve and Maleen were my main competition, as I think Mikayla and Erica both beat the Raging Stallion. It was FUN! Our family loved it!

Love the Purple crown!

We then went to the Caziers and ate dinner and dessert and opened our fun purple gifts!

Steve especially loved his homemade cinnamon rolls with purple frosting on them.

Such a fun new tradition, and we can't wait to do it again next year.
Fete Day- August 16th (or there abouts)

Thanks Tyler and Maleen! You guys rock! xoxox

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Great idea, I may steal that idea, I too love a reason to party and what is a party without a theme?! Looks like a great time!

{jane} said...

What an incredibly cute idea, i love it! the purple is awesome!

{jane} said...

p.s. and I should have mentioned -

HAPPY FETE!

Maleen said...

No hard feelings. I just got Breaking Dawn on Sunday...need I say more?

Barb said...

Just add an 'r' to cazier and you have your CRAZIER! HA HA HA. It's sad I think I'm so funny.