Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Fete Day


So we hosted our first "Fete" Day. Last year, the Caziers invited us to experience our first Fete day, and this year we hosted our first.
What is Fete day you ask? Well, (this is how Maleen explains it)August is the only month without a holiday. I did not know that until last year. So, Fete means celebration or party (I dont know what language, but it sounds good). It can be any day in August.You pick a color to celebrate with,so this year the color was Yellow.

We invited the Ellis family, the Kierksik family, and the Lamb family to join the "Fete" festivities. All wore yellow (thanks John, I know it was hard for you). Everyone brought a gift for someone that was "yellow". The kids really love this part.
I had a jar full of yellow candy that was a guessing jar. We played games and had a barbeque. Mikayla and Meg made yellow smiley face cupcakes for a cupcake walk for the kids. It was cute. Phoenix had so much fun on the merry go round, that he barfed. We had a mini micro burst, but all in all,we loved our "Fete" day, and cant wait to do it again next year!



It was also Justins birthday so he got to celebrate his day with our Fete celebration.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Looks like you had a blast. I love all your ideas. I plan to steal a few for next year. I'm glad the tradition lived on.

The Shepherds said...

Keri- You are such a good mom. You always create good memories for your kids. If you see my blog have a happy fete day next year then you'll know I loved the idea.