Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy 1st Year Birthday Too ME!

One year ago today-I was awaiting surgery!
One year ago today-I was freaking out!
One year ago today-I was surrounded by my closest friends and family.
One year ago today-I wondered if I would be able to win the battle.
One year ago today-Ikissed and hugged each of my children and told them how much I loved them and how proud I was of them.
One year ago today I held Steves hand as he comforted me through my tears.
One year ago today I had to have more faith than I have ever had in my life.
One year ago today, I reflected on my life and knew that I was truly blessed.
One year ago today I got rid of the cancer in my body.
One year ago today I survived!

It's been a super hard year, but I am so blessed! I thank God everyday for each new day, for each new smile, and for each new memory. I am so blessed to have the amazing husband, and children that I have. I am so blessed by my friends, what angels you have been. I am so blessed to have the extended family I have, for without you I could not have done this journey so well. I am so blessed to have a loving Heavenly Father who has allowed me to continue my journey.

Where I am at now---I feel Great!

9 comments:

Maleen said...

Now there's something to celebrate! It must feel amazing to have that experience a year behind you. I for one, am very happy with the current results.

Marnie said...

Happy 1 year cancer free! and many many more to come! I am glad that you're feeling great and things are going well.

Amy and Kris said...

That's so awesome Keri! Congrats!!

Sheri said...

I love the quote by Willa Cather. . . "Where there is great love, there is always miracles." So fitting. Happy one year!

The Shepherds said...

Yeah for you! I am so glad you are doing great and are in good spirits!

Matt N Camie Family said...

YAAAY! What a wonderful thing to celebrate! Congrats and here's to many more years of happiness! :)

Kristel said...

That was a beautiful post Keri. So glad you are cancer free!

Rynell said...

I'm so happy for you! Hooray!

Suzer said...

Yay Ker! I had no doubts that you would overcome it and be doing great!