Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a fabulouse Memorial Day Weekend! Infact for me, it was one of the nicest, most relaxed trips home I have had in a LONG time! Thanks Mom and Dad Scoresby for the hospitality. We left Friday-late afternoon, as we had to get our van worked on! (Darn cars!) We wanted to just fly home, but the traffic was terrible, and the kids (whose names shall not be named!) kept having to stop and go to the restroom and get a snack and so on and so on. We arrived in Rexburg around 10:30ish. We took Erica-Mikayla's best friend. She was in awe at the Rexburg temple as it sits on the hill as you enter Rexburg. It is a beautiful sight!
Mike and Jen were home, Suz and Brad were home, and Barb was home too-so it was a rockin fun time! We spent the weekend mainly indoors, because it was freakin raining almost the entire time. But it gave us lots of time for Rummy and Ticket To Ride. I pretty much sucked pond water this weekend in the game department, and we wont talk about Mom's highest scoring Rummy game in the history of Rummy-lets just say it was over 700 pts!


It seems that everytime the kids are together they are busy the entire weekend playing one particular thing. This weekend they started a publishing company. I think they called it "Printing Press Express". It was pretty funny. They spent all of their time on grandmas "type writer"-non of them had ever seen one before.


On Sunday we spent the day at my folks house in Idaho Falls. It was a fun day as well. Our kids LOVE playing with their "Idaho" cousins. Mom and Dad planned a big barbeque. Derek and Jess came, Trish and Dustin came and Steve and I and all the kids. It was a belly laughing day for us. If you have never experienced my family, then you are missing out! I laughed for hours straight!

Here is a photo of Mace and Lauren- they spent the entire time in the tree house! They are great little buddies.

The four-wheelers never stop when we are at home!
And the BEST treat of all was seeing my Grandparents. I miss them so much, and it is always so good to get to see them and spend time with them.
Here is a photo of me and my sweet grandpa.


It was a fabulous weekend-it went to fast. If you would like to see more candid shots you will have to visit the Morningside Meanderings, or the Preece Lightning pages.

9 comments:

Evan said...

Wish I could have been there! Next year for sure. This year's bbq didn't turn out so well. The cook who will go un-named dropped my hamburger on the ground. Good thing I brought an extra one!

Barb said...

Tons of fun! I told you I would kick your trash at Rummy...twice I may add!!!!!

Sheri said...

I am so glad you had a great time. We have yet to see the Rexburg temple, but the pictures look amazing. I can't tell you how much we miss playing games with you guys. So while you are enjoying some rummy, ticket to ride, and rook, think of us! Miss you guys!

Wright Family said...

With how crazy your life gets I'm glad you were able to relax. Didn't you say you were taking Rocky with you on the trip? If so how did he do?

Deanne said...

I just took a few minutes to get caught up! It sounds like you've had lots of fun adventures! Congrats on your outdoor ride today. You'll be hard core before you know it!

Cindy B said...

I love the kids fascination with that antique - a typewriter. Ah, the good old days. Glad you're back and had fun. It rained here too, so you didn't miss much!

jennaloha said...

Was the pond water you sucked from the backyard? Did Fred say it was ok to do that?

Jodi said...

Fun, fun, fun! I love getting together with family!

Suzer said...

Ker it was so much fun and loved all of the laughing! The comment about Mom's rummy score made me laugh my head off again! Cha cha chicky.