Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Awesome Arizona!

We didn't go anywhere exciting for "Spring Break" this year because we knew that we were going to Arizona. I actually LOVE Arizona and think I could live there, at least part of the year! I love the heat, and the sun! We had a fabulous time! It was a 2-part vacation for us, and such a great time was had by all.

We left early Thursday morn and arrived in Mesa early evening. We spent a few days with our good friends the Boltz. The kids had a great time. Megs and Mace were literally up at the crack of dawn and in the pool by 8:30 a.m. I finally had to pull them all out at 4 o clock because they had been in there all day and I couldnt keep the sun screen on them. Meg was fried-but hey she loves the water.

Mikayla she basked all day on the floatie. Mason he tormented all! The funniest thing was that Mikayla was on the rock getting all ready to jump in, and Mason walked right behind her and pushed her in unexpectedly. Well needless to say, she was bawling because she was so mad, and didnt get to jump in on her terms. She got out and showered and didnt show her face for a few hours. (oh the joys of pre-teens)


Steve and Kevin left early and went golfing. Steve is in love with the golf courses there! I think he would move there just for the courses.

Later that evening we had a huge barbeque. Kev is the master cooker! He made some great potatoe salad, and huge burgers. We were introduced to twinkies with strawberries and whip cream. Yeah thats what I am talking about!

Here are a few photos of all of us! What a great time! Thanks Kev and Helen!

Rachel and Baby Logan with Mace and Megs.

The crew minus Andrea and Larry. Jacob (Rachels hubby is taking the photo)

MOVING ONTO MARICOPA-
Our journey took us to Blake and Jennas. We went for Claires baptism. We had a splendid time! We just felt bad that Blake had a nasty eye infection! We called him "popeye" and "Squint". He wore an eye patch all weekend.

The kids had a great time. They miss their Arizona cousins, and so it was party fest for 3 days. My kids were so sad when it was time to leave, but the saddest was Rafe. He had the saddest eyes and little voice. Broke my heart!

Claire looked beautiful-

Poor Blake had to take his patch off for the baptism. NO baptizing pirates in the church I guess.
We went to the pool-where Mason tormented again.


Ker and Barbs putting on the pirate faces.

Cute little Rafe!

Blake playing the wii-Guitar Hero.


Mothers Day! What a fun time we had. I feel blessed to be a mom to 3 great kids! Me, Grandma and Jenna had to sign up for pedicures and back messages from the kids that day. Plus I got my bike rack for my bike. Woo Hoo.!

If you want to see more photos, you can go to the Morningside Meanderings and check out the full slide show!

We had a great time and loved being with our family! We cant wait to come again! Thanks Blake and Jen! We love you!

9 comments:

buhlersdayoff said...

how fun!! Maybe someday the sun will come and stay here so that we can finally go swimming!!

BLADERUNNER said...

I can't believe you put that picture of me on there. Still have the infection, but I finally thinks it's on the upswing.

Sheri said...

Sounds like a great time. My children love pools too. Happy Mother's Day Ker!

Cindy B said...

It sounds like you had a great time. Hey, maybe it will even warm up here eventually!

Barb said...

I want those pics!!! Either disk or email--whatever you find easier for you.

jennaloha said...

You're pictures are better than ours. You'll have to send them to me!

And, you will never know how much your leaving was mourned. Rafe moped around, Conner had red eyes and Claire bawled herself to sleep Monday night. Like howled herself to sleep. It's so sad for these cousinfests to end!

Wright Family said...

I looks like it was great vacation but maybe a little to short.

Evan said...

Wish we could've been there with ya! Look like it was a lot of fun!

Maleen said...

I love your little family picture there at the end. You have such a sweet family and I love hearing about your adventures together. I think your kids will have great memories of their childhood.