Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pigs in the Poke

Huh! There's not much more for me to say, than "huh" and walk away laughing. It was a beautiful afternoon here in Orem Utah. My youngest children were outside playing. Jumping on the tramp as a matter of fact with the sprinklers on-having a dandy time. I could hear their laughter....and then....all of a sudden it is
"Quiet"! Yes, I said quiet- and at my house! So I run to the back yard to give a little check on the kids. Noone was there! Where did they go? So I go to my front yard and hear them laughing at the neighbors house. So I walk over to my next door neighbor Cindy's house and I saw a sight for sore eyes.

***Thoughts running through my head**** What are they doing? I am going to kill them! I do not need this huge mess! GGGGRRRRR! So I slowly turn around, give myself a few minutes to compose myself. Then, I turn back around and smile as I walk towards my house in search of my handy dandy camera.
Here is what I got---



Here is my muddy Megan and Messy Mason and Wild Will! Oh my goodness!

William has the perfect boy yard. He has this huge tree that the boys in the neighborhood go to to make tree houses, forts, golf courses and dig trails for their bikes, army guys- you name it-whatever boys play, they play it there. Will has even started his own fire there in a barbeque pit he made (while his poor mother was getting her appendix out!). Well they had dug this huge hole, and filled it with water and wha-la! MUD POOL=a tempting place for children to have a little summer fun!

I am proud to say, they didnt make a mess of my house, and they had a fabulous time, AND I didn't freak out!

ps- check out the size of the hole and how deep that water is!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

That is great! I am glad you got your camera. My children love love love mud so I feel your pain!

jennaloha said...

Of course you didn't freak out and were relieved to not have a mess: cuz the mess was in your NEIGHBOR'S yard :)

Cindy B said...

It's better to laugh than cry, right? Oh well. At least it washes off! And mud is a great beauty treatment. (not that any of them need it!)

Maleen said...

You did awesome. Sometimes it is really hard to let kids make a mess, even when it won't really affect us much.

Candy said...

Oh Keri, you should have called me I need a mud treatment. lol Maybe next time ;)