Sunday, March 23, 2008

Let the Easter Festivities Begin--2008

Easter has caught me off gaurd this year. It has come so quickly! One of my friends (Brooke) was telling me (as she is a trivia junkie)that we will only see Easter this early every 97 years. Interesting....

Our weekend began by doing something we have never done before. It was a riot! AND I think it will become a new tradition in the Scoresby household. Our good friends Tyler and Maleen hosted their annual "Crack Off".

Whats a crack off?
-Eggs must be hardboiled
-Decorated
-Nothing on the shell that would interfere with the strength of the shell (beads, gems, jewels, apoxy)

We were to each bring three eggs decorated and ready to go.

Maleen had brackets ready for the crack off, and we had our eggs out for the voting of the BEST egg.


I personally liked the "Ker loves Steve" egg the most, but I couldn't vote for my own. The "Purple Haze" was pretty cool too.

The actual winner of the "Best decorated Egg" was Heather Ure's egg- "Mr.Sp"eggtacle". (She did undress him to race-the naked egg!)



But it really didn't matter how cute your darn egg was! It's the matter of how strong your egg is. Did you know that if two eggs are rolled together only one egg cracks? Another bit of trivia I did NOT know until this week.

So we drew numbers for placement in the brackets and the crack off began. Two people face each other and roll their egg into one another. You get 3 chances (hence the 3 eggs). The cracked egg loses the round.

Here is Tyler attempting a win....



Kiss that egg for luck Dean!



Steve's "Rainbow Sparkle" did NOT win--as you can see he is very bummed.



"Ker loves Steve" is going up against the "King" (a lovely purple and gold egg rolled by Darin)

And the winner of winners tonight is "The King" and Darin Moses!



Very fun night! We spent the rest of the evening playing "Curses, and Mafia" and eating lots of Easter sweets. Thanks for the fun evening Maleen and Tyler a.k.a the "Raging Stallion". We had an awesome time!

6 comments:

Barb said...

How fun! I gave away my game "Curses"...

Guess what? I'll see you in Phoenix! I found a flight deal that was too good to pass up! And this cleanse is killing me! I want normal food....

Stacy said...

That looks like so much fun! Interesting bits of trivia that I was not aware of either. It was good to see you yesterday, I hope Mason is feeling better, still battling the different ailments at my house, I'm afraid our Easter outings yesterday didn't help matters either!

{jane} said...

Darling eggs, and really cute idea for the "egg war!"

Jodi said...

Oh Maleen totally invited us and I am so sad that we couldn't come. It was just too short of notice. Hopefully next year!

Sheri said...

That sounds so fun, I am always looking for something new for each holiday. I may have to steal that cute and very clever idea. Your family looks great! Happy Spring! Sheri

jennaloha said...

I love this game idea: I want all the details for next year.