Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Can my week get any more crazier than the last one?

My last week was CRAZY! I've decided that motherhood is not for the fainthearted, and the out of shape. I swear that there are some days that I do not know how I made it. I feel like I am running a freakin marathon. This week was one continual race.

Monday brought dancing at Mountain View High School for the schools baseball fundraiser. It ended up being terrible because the sound system was so bad. I couldn't get a decent photo of the girls, because they were always off! Grrr!



Mikayla could have cared less, she was with her friends and thats all that matters in the world of "tweens".

Tuesday and Wednesday brought classes to prepare for. Which meant late nights for me.

Wednesday also brought a special invitation from Close to My Heart to attend the presentation of an award to our CEO Jeanette Lynton. She earned a business ethics award. It was pretty cool, and I am so glad that I was invited to go and hear her speak. I think that she was glad that some of the directors were there to share in her day.

Friday---This is where it all began. Mikayla "hyper-extended" her knee this week. Nice huh. Well needless to say, she was in some pain. We were concerned about her competing this weekend, so the doc put her in a small knee brace and told us that she needed to wear it. "wear it" is the operative words here.

Friday evening she and her partner Jill are to compete their duo- "Jeans On". She was told to wear her brace-so that she could be strong enough for team events on Saturday. The little knuckle-head, she didnt wear it! Grrr....we werent too happy with her. She did a super job though. She and Jill took 1st. We were proud of her.

On Saturday it was filled with "Horton Hears a Who!"


We were sucked completely in by the media! Mace and Meg conned their dad into taking us to IHOP. Where we were sucked into buying this junk! They loved it, and had fun--and decided that we need to go to breakfast at least once a month. Dad was all over that one!
Mikayla and I spent the afternoon at the dance comp. America Onstage that was held in Lehi.
Saturday night we pulled an all nighter as we were slackers all week. We had to prepare our primary lesson and we had to prepare sharing time, and get a talk ready for Megs. Sheesh! I am tired! I hope that this week slows down, but it isnt likely in my little world. BUT I am grateful to be busy and to have the greatest kids in the world!

9 comments:

Barb said...

You know, you are the one that makes it so crazy!!! I'm glad you like being busy though.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are pretty amazing. Do you ever get to sit down and take moment for yourself? Let me know if you ever need Mace to come over here to play.

Maleen said...

What is that stuff?? It looks like pancakes with paint dribbled on top, with a sucker sticking out and spinach eggs on the side. I'm sure that is not how it is described in the menu...
Congrats on Mikayla's win. She really is amazing, even without wearing the brace.

Deanne said...

I'm just impressed you've stayed so consistent with your exercise on top of your already busy life. It's good to be back with you! And I ditto Maleen's sentiments...what is that stuff? And I have to have a review of Horton. I've been excited to see it and I want to know if I should wait for the dollar theater or splurge now!

Stacy said...

Ahhh...the church lesson all-nighters, who hasn't pulled these? Busy week or not, do we not all find ourselves scrambling Saturday night and Sunday morning?
Congrats to Mikayla!

Chelle! said...

YEA!! I am glad that crazy week is over for you...just think you only have about 42 more of those same weeks until the end of the year!!!

{jane} said...

Mikayla, Get well soon!

Doug and Becca said...

Wow, that's exhausting to read. Your sharing time was fantastic! I wouldn't have thought you put it together so late the night before, it looked like something you had been planning for awhile. I say I look forward to those days of my kids being in sports and dance, ect but maybe I'm happy they are still young.Way to go Ker!

jennaloha said...

I look forward to the day I can take my kids to breakfast without them crawling under the table eating crumbs, dumping salt shakers, and fighting over crayons. It will happen, right? You give me hope.