Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Day of School







We as mothers love it when summer comes, so that we can relax a little and play with the kiddies. BUT I think I speak for us all when I say that it is so great when its time to go back to school! This year was a little bit different for us. In the past our kids have gone to Reagan Academy in Springville. It was a great school, and we had such great experiences there. It has become to costly to drive there twice a day, and now potentially 3 times a day with our little Kindergartener Mace. So I began applying at other academy's for the kids. As of 2 weeks ago both girls got accepted to Noah Webster Academy here in Orem. WOOHOO! A prayer was answered--only 4 minutes from home. It brought our Mason up from #69 on the waiting list to #5. So we settled on him going back to Center Stage Kindergarten-because who dosent love Karate when you are 5?!

Well we went to back to school night on Monday night. The girls were so excited to meet their teachers and see their new classrooms. I just happened to go to the office to check to see if Mason had moved up the ranks or not--lucky for me I did. He got in that afternoon! SO they are all enrolled and attending NWA! I madly dashed around Monday evening looking for boy uniforms. I ended up finding a few, but will have to get the rest online. But hey we are in, and they are all together and life will be so much easier for me! I really felt like this was an answer to our prayers and a little tender mercy from up above.


We started school yesterday-both girls were so excited that they didnt go to sleep until after 11 pm. Megan slept in her uniform she was so excited. Mason started too. I cried as each of them went their very first day of Kindergarten-but nothing felt like yesterday as I sent my last little chick off from the nest. I didnt quite know what to do with myself. He is such a big boy, and my heart was relieved to know that he had a friend in his class that he knew from pre-school. They held hands and walked into school together.



3 comments:

Jodi said...

This is the sweetest entry Ker! I love hearing about your success in getting all of your kids into the same school. And I think it is so sweet that Megan slept in her school clothes! Best of luck in the new school and the new school year. I miss teaching those sweet little kindergarteners!

Deanne said...

I'm so glad it all worked out for you guys. Your kids look so cute in their uniforms. It must be a bittersweet feeling to have your nest somewhat empty during the day. It just means that we need to get going on your painting projects!

Wright Family said...

cvb m nbgfb xcv k bn
That is what Lyncoln had to say about the whole thing. Wow all your kids in school. Well they all looked so cute in their uniforms!