Saturday, July 26, 2008

"ABBA" LIVE --at the Scera!

We had a great time on Thursday night! We went with our friends Tracy and Mindy to the "Abba" tribute concert at the scera shell. It was great. This band was called "Arrival" and they arrived! Holy Dancing Queen! This is the only band that has been given rights to portray Abba, plus they were wearing some of the original costumes. Growing up with Abba-it was like a total "deja vu". We took Kayla and Megs. They loved it, and it was so much fun dancing with them as Abba sang. The crowd was crazy and it was a sell out.



Arrival--the Abba Band. (one of the actual guitarists, was playing that night!)



Waiting for Arrival to Arrive!


Enjoying the Concert!

Mama Mia! Here we dance again!


Thank you for the music-and swaying with my daddy.

One of our "Dancin Queens".

Thanks Mind and Trace for the photos!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Love the Dancing Queen playing in the background too...nice touch!

Maleen said...

That would have been a blast. My nephew got an ABBA song stuck in my head and I have been singing 'Baby You Owe Me One' for a week now.

Chelle! said...

Oh, I am jealous!!! We use to give mini ABBA concerts to the guys in our apartment complex!! It was hilarious!!!

Tamalama said...

What a fun night! I do miss being able to do things outside at night without melting! Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Evan said...

I think "Dancing Queen" is the only song I know that Abba sings. Sounds and looks like you had fun!

jennaloha said...

nothing's catchier than an Abba tune, except for maybe the cold your family is experiencing. Good luck with all your infirmities. We are sad we will miss you this weekend!

Sally said...

I was there too! It was a blast! Can't get the songs out of my head! Have you seen Mamma Mia yet? It's so awesome!

{jane} said...

LOVE Abba, the concert looks like it was fun!