Monday, July 14, 2008

And Summer Continues.....

Our weeks of summer just continue to continue on without a break or even a mere thought of a break. We are always doing something and I would say for the most part-everyone is pretty darn happy! This past week I got several great rides in. My cousins Mick and Kim have taken up a liking to the "roadie" show too, so it has been fun for me to go out with them in the mornings and put some miles on our bikes. This past week we rode from Cedar Hills (switch backs), to American Fork,up Highland, through Alpine and up to the mouth of the canyon. It was a little challenging, as it was all uphill in a gradual climb, BUT the ride down is always the reward! I love flying down the hills-as do my knees!

Here is Mick and Kim refilling our water at 4 corners in Highland!

We always love to go play in the canyon, and South Fork is always a fave for my kids. WHY? Well there are hours of fun there. Between little hikes, rock throwing, grass galore to play on, and playing in the river, life dosent get much better. Here are a few photos of the fun "neighborhood Thrusday" excursion.

Rock Painting (we had some super critters!)

A little "Outdoor fondue"

And life is happy on a swing into the river.

Our week ends with our family--We had a fabulous/busy weekend. Steves brother Blake and his fam came in from Arizona for a month. They stayed with us for a few nights. We had a huge family Barbeque/get together on Saturday with all of his sibs. Here are a few shots.

We have some pretty cute cousins!

Now I have heard of "ice hockey", and "ice dancing"--but "Ice Jumping"? The kids loved it!
We ended the week with our newest niece Aleahs baby blessing. I will let Kristel and Ev have a chance to blog about it first on their blog, as I do not want to steal their thunder-but we are so glad to have such a great fam, and such awesome friends. It's been a great summer SO FAR!

11 comments:

jennaloha said...

Thanks for being such great hosts. We had a Ball and a some Scoresby too.

Suzer said...

Ha ha funny Jenna. Hey Ker, where's this stream at? My kids would love to play in that! Let me know. Thanks for having us all down at your casa Saturday. The kids had a blast!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Your new blog look, is so cute and so is your family picture.

{jane} said...

Sounds fun - we love South Fork, too! I'm impressed with your bike ride, I hope to get at least one good long one in before the kids go back to school.

I love the new blog look, it's adorable!

{jane} said...

p.s. Your family photo is beautiful, too!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful header with your family! So adorable. Love all the fun pictures of your summer. I'm so glad it is good for you.

Deanne said...

Great pics! It sounds like your summer is full to the brim with fun!

Sally said...

Your blog is cute and I love your family picture! Where is South Fork? I need to go there!

Errolyn said...

Andrew has also enjoyed some "ice-jumping" with the neighbor kids. They love bouncing pretty much anything on the trampoline!

p.s. thanks for checking out our blog...it will be fun to keep in touch more often!

Chelle! said...

WOW!! You are having a great time!!! Those pictures are so cool!! Don't you just love summer!!!

Kristel said...

Thanks for being thoughtful Keri. We have now posted a blog on Aleah's blessing so you can say whatever you want ;)