Sunday, July 20, 2008

A "WAX" job!

It's been one of those weird weeks where you were busy, and you don't quite know or remember what you did or accomplished. I do know that my kids have all had some ear issues as of late, due to all of the swimming etc. So my sister years ago told me about these "ear candles", and she swears by them. My friend Jane posted about them a few months back. I've never tried them-----until----yesterday. Holy COW! It was pretty crazy! I cannot believe all of the wax, and moisture that is accumulated in your ears. That is enough said. I do highly recommend that everyone try them. Trish (my sister) kids have not had ear aches for several years now, as she does the ear candle faithfully every 6 months. It is safe, easy, and very intriguing. Call me if you want the details. You can purchase these candles at the "Good Earth" for about $1.24 per candle.

Stevie Wonder Buns was our first guinnea pig.

All our Candles in a Row.

11 comments:

Evan said...

Sounds like something I need to do.

Chelle! said...

oh, that sounds interesting!!! I need to know more. My mom is always having problems with her ears!!!

{jane} said...

ahhh, clean ears are highly under-rated!!!

Sally said...

Never heard of that! How does it work???

Maleen said...

Yes, you have definitely peaked my curiosity. I need to know more...

Rynell said...

I think you should give us step-by-step instructions now that you are an ear candle expert. ;)

Stacy said...

Having been there done that with the ear candle thing, I feel I must heed you this warning:
Seven years ago when David and I were dating, we were doing the ear candle thing. My mom didn't like the fire in the house so we went outside and laid on the trampoline. It wasn't very windy at all, but a small gust came by and I don't know how or why but ALL the HOT wax and moisture that had been sucked up into the candle plopped back into my ear...it was excruciating. Out of instinct I threw the burning candle away from me and my mom's trampoline still has the quarter-sized hole as evidence of the whole incident. I couldn't hear well out of that ear for months, but darned if I was going to put another one of those candles to my ear!
So my lesson to you: don't do the ear candles outside!

Ker said...

No- it tells you on the instructions, to not do it outside silly! Sorry that you had a bad experience Stacy.

Stacy said...

I think they added that to the instructions after a lot of complaints because it didn't say anything back then! :)

Mikie said...

You should've watched the YouTube vids first...

Doug and Becca said...

Oh my gosh, I have forgotten about those. We did those once in my family. Did it help at all?