Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring Break- Tuesday

This year for "Spring Break" we have decided to vacation and play here in Utah. In a few weeks we will be making a getaway to Arizona to our niece Claires baptism, and to visit our good friend the Boltz family. We have been enjoying some quality, fun time together in our own backyard.

Since we arn't in Arizona we decided to go swimming for just a brief taste of summer-because the kids are dying to go swimmng in Helen's pool. So we ventured off to spend an afternoon at the Legacy Center's Swimming Pool in Lehi.

Let me preface that early this morning my sister in law Suz nicely reminded me that last summer I was so sick for weeks with that lovely pool junk-"Crypto Spyridium". Yeah thanks for the reminder Suz!-Did I really want to do this? Come on Ker-face your fears, you can do it girl!

Now mind you, I HATE going to Lehi! I hate that stupid Main street! So anytime I have to go there I have to gear up in my mind that it will take an extra freaking 30 minutes. My cute little niece Kali had been sick (she lives in Saratoga Springs)and so since we were going to Lehi we thought we would take her a little get well,cheer you up package. OH MY GOSH! A half hour later we finally arrived at the pool.

The pool-was packed. Seems like the rest of Utah county had my same intentions. So-deal with it Ker. I love that pool-All of my kids swim, so it was perfect for all. We were having this dandy time,(and had been only in the pool for 30 minutes) when we hear this lovely whistle blowing and blowing and blowing. Everyone was asked to exit the pool. I thought they were just doing a random pool check. NOPE-some one "POOPED" in the pool. I am not talking little kid poop-I am talking full on, I wanted to throw up- poop in the pool. To top it off, the pool was to be shut down for an hour. (Who can sanitize and super chlorinate a pool that large in an hour?!) The girls were disgusted and Mason was throwing a fit, and I was sick!
Everyone just wanted to get out and shower! Well, instead of refunding us, they gave us a family pool pass. Like I want to go back into their poopy pool! GRRRR!

I got into my car and literally was freaking out inside! I had to call my friend Kellie who had been sick in the summer with Crypto too. When you are as sick as I was, it was like re-living it all again.

Well here are a few photos of the fun we did have.

Meg is a little fish!

Our little school of fish!

*And to top it off, as we got out of the pool we walked into a freakin snow storm! I think I will stay home tomorrow! And I am not so sure that I love that pool anymore.


****** THIS IS MY 100TH POST!******

11 comments:

Traci said...

congrats on the 100th post!

Sorry about the pool situation, we had been thinking of going today. Now I really don't want to. Enjoy the rest of spring break. :)

Wright Family said...

Sorry about the awful reminder you had of last summer. Maybe this sign that you should put pool in your yard so you can have more control over it...jk.

Barb said...

SIIIICCCCCKKKKKIKK!!!! I never want to go public swimming again. As long as you didn't swallow any water, you should be okay... :-)

Tamalama said...

There is just another good reason why I don't swim in a public pool! (I've got issues, I tell ya!) Fortunately, we have friends with pools and we live where we can almost swim year 'round! Happy Spring Break!

Chelle! said...

Oh, so sorry about the pool thing!!! When our pool opens, fee free to come anytime--I have never seen any one poop in our pool!! Actually, now we two pools and one is right behind our home. You bring the picnic lunch and I will provide the pool (HEE HEE HA HA!!!

Chelle! said...

Hey, I just noticed...you changed the word!!!! LOL

Jodi said...

Oh- I am so sicked out. Yuck- I really hope you guys don't get sick again. Seriously- who poops in a pool? I am so looking forward to the pool this summer so they better keep them sanitary this year!

Maleen said...

I'm so sorry that happened. It really does make you sick to your stomach (well, hopefully not literally). I really want to go swimming this summer so people had better stop pooping in the pools. Come on, that is so white trash.

Congrats on your 100th post!!

jennaloha said...

you want to swim when you come to AZ? you'll have to. there's nothing else to do here so start desensitizing yourself slowly. you have one month.

Cindy B said...

Hope you all manage to stay well this time. Ewwwww!

{jane} said...

OHHH, that is so nasty! I agree with you, how can they clean that in an hour?!? Too bad, at least they swam for 30 minutes! :)