Thursday, April 10, 2008

Birthday Mania at my house!

The past few years, I have been on a major trip during my birthday. It's been great because I havnt had to deal with the hoop-la. Really the only thing I do is spend an afternoon with my friend Cheri-This tradition has gone on now for 20 years!


So being that we did not travel this year-I was here! I tried not to make a big deal out of my birthday-BUT it ended up being very high profile! Thanks Stevie Wonder Buns!

My day started by going to the gym bright and early. I was suppose to pick Deanne up. She DOGGED me- or so I thought! She was at the gym arranging a cool card and a little birthday fun. I left with silly string in my hair-and the festivities had begun!

At 7:00 my dad called me-I got my birth story. Always a treat. Its the same every year. Never changes. Thanks Dad

Shortly after that-it hit me with full force. Un beknownst to me a Birthday Calling Tree had begun. Steve had called a few people and told them to call me to wish me a happy birthday. They were to call a few people and they were to call a few people and so on and so on.

I was surprised that all of these friends of mine were calling me and their kids. Then my sister in law in Arizona called. (that was random to me-we dont talk often on the phone, but I was excited she called), then a cousin I only talk to once a year called to wish me Happy's. I was shocked, then the phone just wouldnt stop! I was going crazy. I couldnt even get in the shower! What was happening. There was not a clue at this point as to what was happening--until my friends mom in Soda Springs Idaho called me. She spilled the beans! I immediately called Steve-STEVE MAKE IT STOP! He laughed and responded by saying, "Sorry, there is no stopping it!"

It was nice getting all of the calls-half of them I didnt have a clue who they were, but the singing was great. So for those of you who called me,texted me, wrote on my face book, emailed me, or sent e cards THANK YOU!

Here is the list of wonderful people that made my day a little brighter:
Dad Preece
Mom Preece Sang
Evan- called, texted, and face booked me
Deanne-called, stopped by
The Moses boys ( I love my David lova!) sang to me
Deborah
Sunny and Izzy sang to me- (I love your little voice Iz!)
Charesse Pomai, and Helei sang to me--so sweet! Where was Jimmy!
Maleen- called
Tyler- stopped by
Jamee- sang and wished me happy birthday at least 5 times that day-and is wishing me still even today!
Kellie- called
Kari- called and brought me dinner! YUM! YOU ROCK SISTA!
Trish- my awesome sister- sang to me
Barb-called and face booked me
Brennan and Cameron Ball (my cutie nephews called)
Annie Bradley- called
Gaynelle Ryan- called
Ang Rhyndress- called
Suz- called
Jenna- sang to me
Melinda- Sang to me
Julie Rasmussen- attempted to sing to me
Shane Rasmussen- Sang to me while on the road to California
Holly-from Arizona called
Dad Scoresby's co-worker from madison Memorial Hospital
Dad Scoresby
Mom Scoresby
Iris- in Soda Springs called
Candy Rasmussen- called
Drea Logue- called
Michelle Gren-called, sang, ecard
Shawn Echols-called
Steve Leetham-called
Scotty Pixler- called
Parker Edwards- called
Parkers friend Jimmy called
Claudia (mom Logue) called
High School kids called and sang
Staci Rasmussen
Karen Radmall-state office
Renea Hardy- State office
Sarah
Kim Boldt-called and sang
Boldt kids- sang
Jake
Nate
Chris
Linda Kendall
Dustin Preece- called
Brandon Preece- text
Ashley-called
Kristel- text
Blake- text
Rob
4 girls I didnt know
Tricia? I dont know who she was either
Ri'
John Radmall- text
Reva Hawkes- stopped by, brought cinnamon rolls

And several others that didnt leave names but sang or said Happy Birthday. Needless to say, my phone lines were busy all day. Thank you everyone!


Here is my birthday cake. This masterpiece was made by Megan! Notice that the strawberries are done in the shape of "41".

Make a wish!

20 comments:

Tamalama said...

Funny, Happy Day! (It was strawberry cheesecake at our house!)

Evan said...

I'm glad that you had a great birthday!

Chelle! said...

Looks like your day was simply Fabulous!!! Happy day after your birthday!!

Kristel said...

Steve is smart! I bet he was cracking up all day. So glad you had a great day Keri. You are very loved!

Rynell said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like it was awesome! It was good to see you the other day.

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday you old fart! Good thing you look young and great!!! Hopefully we will see you guys this summer! Tell Steve he is a genius!

jennaloha said...

You should have birthdays more often! It was fun talking to you on the phone.

Jodi said...

happy Birthday Ker! Sorry I wasn't on the list of making your day great! does this blog comment count? I loved the cake as well!

Maleen said...

I'm glad life is settling down because I feel I haven't seen enough of you, but I am glad that you had a happy birthday!

Curt & Cassie Ford said...

That is hilarious. What a great idea, great husband. It's always good to be reminded how much you are loved. Hope you had a great day. Happy belated B-day.

Now you can add me to your list. hehe

{jane} said...

That is one amazing list - cute cake!

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had a great one!

Stacy said...

Wow, you were quite the popular woman weren't you? Sorry I missed out on the fun, but here is to a belated Happy Birthday!

Staci said...

I can not believe how old you kids are!! it makes me feel so old! It seems like it was just yesterday i was babysitting them!

Traci said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Deanne said...

That is a most impressive list! Holy cow! I'm glad you were showered with birthday wishes.

buhlersdayoff said...

happy birthday sorry it is so late!!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is alot of people. You are one lucky lady. Mikayla told me to text you and I forgot so this is me saying Happy Birthday very late. That cake looks so good, I hope you had a good day!!

Unknown said...

You shouldn't be too surprised. You are very loved.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great Post – very COOL!!!