Thursday, April 3, 2008

Miracles Do Happen!

It's true. I am actually enjoying Mason's soccer season! Yes I have proof that he is actually playing this season. AND he is loving it! The last two sessions, I have been mortified. He was totally not in the game. He was running around with his shorts and shirt over his head, chasing butterflies, checking out sprinkler heads, peeing on trees (yes it is true! ask me if I was mortified). I was so frustrated. I had to be drug to games by Stephen, as it was my motherly duty to go watch him play (or not!). It seemed that he was there to eat snacks and embarrass me! Steve was extrememly frustrated with me because I just was dying that he wouldnt play. Afterall, I have champion dancers-I needed a champion soccer son. I was reminded by several of my friends and Stephen that he is only 5! I was reassured over and over again that he would get it. Guess what---they were right, he is getting it, and he is playing soccer. So I am enjoying watching Mace out on the soccer field, and he is doing great! Go Mace Go!


Getting into the game!

Casey, Mason, and Teague-- Go Orange Lightning!

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Keri,
Your kids are darling. . .I can't believe how grown up they are. It seems that your life is as busy as ever. Where are you? I've been trying to find you and can't find you in the phone book. Did you move? Jamie Earl is getting married and wanted to invite you to her shower. Call me

Ker said...

How did you find me? Holy Cow! So good to hear from you! We are still in Vineyard. Not in the phone book. You can call me at 427-3396 or 375-7933. Do you guys have a blog?

Evan said...

I had no idea what Mason was doing during his last two soccer seasons. That CRACKS me up. I'm glad you are less embarassed this year and proud of him. Those will be the stories you'll use to embarass him for the rest of his life ;)

Anonymous said...

Because Mason wasn't much into the game the past two sessions would you recommend having me wait until Seth is five to put him into sports?

Sally said...

Oh my gosh! You make me laugh out loud, literally!! Glad it's not just my daughter...needless to say we haven't done soccer in a few years!

I HAVE to make it out this month!!!! Don't worry, I still love the actual creative process of doing cards and scrapbooking, not just the digital! :)

Evan said...

Hey! I don't recall leaving a comment on this post already! Kristel must have been logged in under me when she commented. That would be kind of neat see Mason play soccer? You'll need to let me know when his next game takes place.

Anonymous said...

nvm! this is the right one!! haha i added you yay! i love your blog!

buhlersdayoff said...

I think that every kid goes through a stage like that with soccer. I remember coaching quite a few games when I was younger and I can guarantee every one of those kids at one point in time had their shirt over their head it is just too bad they were in High school...j/k

Unknown said...

Ryan's first couple of games he would storm off the field in a huff anytime anyone took the ball from him. Luckily he caught on quick and now he thinks it's the greatest thing in the world. Glad Mason's enjoying it!!

Barb said...

Good job Mace!

Doug and Becca said...

How fun for Mason. I can't wait to be a soccer mom...except for the times i have to sit out in the freezing cold