Sunday, February 3, 2008

And 1st Place goes too......

"Center Stage Pre-teen Latin Formation Team"!
As posted in the previous post, the insanity has begun! We had to pull the girls out of school on Friday, so that they could prepare for their showcase on Friday evening. The show was LONG but very well done. Center Stage usually has a showcase at the end of the season for the public to come and watch these amazing teams. This year they decided to do a pre-seasoner opener. In my opinion it was a great idea-because it was a chance for them to be onstage with their new pieces before they compete so that they can work the bugs out.

I spent the ENTIRE Friday with dancers! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I dreamt about giggling girls all night!

Meg had competition #2 yesterday. The AAU Finals. It was fun, of course it is always fun when your team wins, and its always fun to see your kids so happy and proud of themselves.

It was kind of a crazy weekend in our dance world though. One of the boys from our studio Heffa Tuita (HSM 2) just recently signed with "nickelodeon" was being showcased. As Nickelodeon and all of the camera crews were there following and filming. So the kids were all distracted that evening. AND, Ashly Delgrosso (Dancing with the Stars, and former director from Center Stage) was there for the weekend judging the Dance Comp yesterday. The kids were flocking her every chance they got. They totally have missed her-especially Mikayla, who danced for her for a couple of years. So it was fun.



Meg and Her Partner Sawyer


Pre-Teen Millenia 2007-2008


Jr. Prep 2007-2008

7 comments:

Deanne said...

Way to go, girls! Thanks for taking Liv along. I'm sure she enjoyed it a lot more than staying home with her brothers fighting over computer time!

Tamalama said...

And they're off! What a fun sport! I like how your whole family participates! Enjoy!

Maleen said...

They do such a good job. I really wanted to come watch this time, but I may have to venture out when it's warmer. Keep us informed though, and way to be such a supportive mom.

Jodi said...

Wow- your kids are amazing dancers and so dedicated to it. And way to go mom on all of your stamina!

Evan said...

Steve - you've been tagged. Check my blog to find out what that means for you!

evan-and-kristel.blogspot.com

Chelle! said...

I can not believe that dance competitions are already starting. I will probably get to see you at some of them--I will be there watching my niece.

Stacy said...

Keri,
This is Stacy Kent, I finally joined the blogging world...well kind of, I'm having a hard time with the set up. But I miss the old neighborhood terribly and would love to keep up with all you guys. Visit my blog at kentandcompany.blogspot.