Monday, February 25, 2008

It's Vegas Baby!

Steve and I just returned home from a weekend getaway in Vegas! We had a marvelous time. We have had this planned for several months now, so the anticipation just about killed me. We went with Steve's brother Blake and his wife Jenna. They live in Maricopa Az. So it was even better, because we don't get to see them often.

We left on Friday morning and just kind of mosied along. We got there mid afternoon, and checked in at this dive hotel. It wasnt really that bad, it was just funny for us-because we usually get spoiled in the hotel department when we travel. We stayed at the Arizona Charlies. After an early dinner, we went to see "Ka" and Oh My Gosh, it was incredible. It was worth every penny spent. All four of us were in complete "Ah!" LOVED it! We spent some time on "Freemont" street. Dang bunch of weirdo's there. But hey we still had fun.

Saturday found Jenna a little under the weather, but she snapped out of it thanks to good ol' gatorade. We went to see National Treasure 2 (which both Jen and I thought it was better than the first one). That evening we went to "Phantom of the Opera". So, this was the third time I have seen Phantom, and everytime I saw it, I loved it--but at the Venetian, it ROCKED! It was awesome! The live orchestra just gave us chills. Both Jenna and I got a little emotional when the main Phantom music came on. It was so beautiful.

We walked the strip, visited, laughed, and played good ol' mormon rummy. I won I might add. Oh and I did get to play a round of "BINGO"-as it is one of my favorite things to do. I did not win, but got a good laugh at all of the old ladies that filled the room and shouted "bingo!"

Some of my highlights beyond the show, was the impressions that Blake did. He pretty much has one for everyone in our family. It was hilarious. And did I mention the "Wookie". They must watch a little too much Star Wars at their house. It is hilarious.

Sunday meant saying good-bye. Both Steve and I were sad to leave such a good time. Plans are hopefully being laid for another trip next year. Thanks Blake and Nen! Can't wait to see you and the kiddies in May!



Blake and Jenna in front of the MGM


Steve and Ker infront of the MGM



Phantom!

Us infront of the fountains at Arizona Charlies--

Me and Jen infront of the fountains of the Venetian. Somethings wrong here!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like you had so much fun. Was it warm there? Its always fun to get away.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your little get away turn out so well. Tyler has never been to Vegas and I have once when I was really young. He keeps telling me should go but it's making the time and finding the money to go that is hard. Well I love the picture thanks for sharing. What is Ka about?

Chelle! said...

YEA!! I love Vegas! I am not sure if it is because there are so many different and strange people. I love to watch people--their reactions to things and so on. Glad you had a fabulous time!!!

Barb said...

You hair is dark and long. I haven't seen you in awhile. It looks good. Glad you had a good time. Wish I was there. I want to buy the 9 day cleanse and try it out...

Maleen said...

While everyone goes to see shows, I realize it has been a decade since I've seen one. I think I need to set up a vacation for myself, because it looks like you HAD A BLAST!!

Kristel said...

Glad you had fun in Vegas Ker, but what I really love is your new blog addition of found caches! Are they your ratings or the ratings of geocache.com?? (Loved your message too by the way). Go geocaching!!

Tamalama said...

Ok, I'm having an issue here...YOU MOSIED RIGHT BY MY HOUSE AND DIDN'T STOP!!! (Is that yelling?) Ok, you're forgiven. But really, AZ Charlie's is a family favorite for us. A real blast from the past! Walking in that 50's style courtyard at night pushing screaming Girt in her stroller was the best. Love the cinderblock walls in the rooms too! (We really have stayed there:) Glad you had a great time!

Deanne said...

So glad you had a good time! I hope you enjoyed some sunshine for me, too!

Jodi said...

Wow- what a great little trip. I too am a big fan of the Phantom! I haven't heard of KA before? What is it all about? I would like to know more!

{jane} said...

How fun for you guys! I agree with you on the "weirdos" on Freemont St., we spent New Years Eve there once, it was out there!