Sunday, January 27, 2008

ITS BEGUN!!!!!!! AGAIN.......

Yes the 2008 Dance season officially started yesterday! The many weekends of competietion are upon us. I was setting there in the bleachers yesterday thinking, "WOW this is my 4th official dance season of ballroom dancing and my 7th season of jazz. " I then tried to figure out how much I have invested in Mikayla and Megans legs. I thought about it only for a second and decided that that topic was better left alone. It's been a great investment, and we have produced some beautiful dancers in the meantime.

I am so happy that they both love their sport. Steve often tries to tease them into quitting, and it dosent work so well. They just laugh at him and so "oh brother dad!" So for the next 5 months we will be spending our weekends at one comp or another. Sometimes both of us splitting up so that both girls have a mom or dad there cheering them on.

Megs has a new partner this year. She has been very happy with him and is hoping for a successful comp season. Mikayla is bringing back the duo she and her friend Jill did last year. BUT they have added 3 asacons at the end that are fabulous (if you want to know what that is, I have no clue--just come and watch her sometime). She and her 2 cousins will be working with a choreographer on a piece that we will set as a trio to compete in later this spring. I am excited to see how it goes, as all three girls train at different studios.

One of my greatest joys is seeing those girls perform and seeing them love to perform. This next weekend will be big for Megs as not only do they both perform on Friday night in a showcase, but Megs competes all day on Saturday. We have never had a two dayer with her yet, so we will see how that goes over.

If anyone wants tickets to the show for Friday---let me know! I can get them at a $2 discount for you.

Here are a few photos of yesterdays comp at Provo High. They dont do her justice as my battery was almost gone and so my camera was slow.




Meg is doing a jive/quick step to Hairsprays "Nicest Kids in town"...It is fast, fun, and the choreography is great!

Click on the photo if you want to see the photo a little better

5 comments:

Evan said...

I don't know how you keep up with it all!

Tamalama said...

You guys are amazing! Did you have any idea you'd be having so much fun 10 years ago?

Barb said...

Maybe someday I'll actually get to see them in action.

Jodi said...

Callie and I started a "mommy and me" dance class. I thought you and your kids when I signed up for it!

Megan said...

i cant beleve i won first place