Monday, February 18, 2008

The Funniest Thing---

I'm sure like many, there are a hundred things that have happened to you in your life that make you just laugh out loud! I have many but this one stands out so vividly that even yesterday thinking about it in the shower made me LOL!

(see below- at the previous post and take the challenge)

Two summers ago, an old friend of mines daughter was getting married. She had invited me to come and watch her get her bridal portraits. I'm quite sure she just wanted my comic relief. (haha) Anyhow, it was stinkin hot outside (it was freakin July!), and I am not quite sure how the bride didnt melt. We were in Lehi at some reception center in their gardens. We left the bride with the photographer and we went walking across these grounds in search of the perfect spot.

I'm not quite sure how my friend got ahead of me, but she was talking to me "lalalalala", and I am in my own world not really paying any attention to her. Well I wasn't really watching where I was going either--as I was on a mission for the perfect spot! And "BAM" out of nowhere, I stepped in a hole, and literally fell over like a tree! Face first into the grass. I mean as straight as a "TIMBER!!" falling! It was unreal!

My friend looked around and saw me laying there, (you think she would be sympathetic) and she just laughed at me and asked me what I was doing on the ground. She didnt even offer to help me up! She just wouldnt stop laughing either--imagine that! And to make matters worse, I couldnt find the dumb hole that I stepped in. I know there was one there, for crying out loud my ankle hurt! Anyways, I must have looked like a complete ninny! It was the funniest thing in my mind to see (or picture) this grown woman fall over like a tree.

We must have laughed for a half hour, and whenever we have reminiced, this is one of those side splitting stories-and who knows, maybe you had to be there-but it was sure funny. I am quite sure that if she or her daughter were to ever read this, they too would be in tears remembering me face planted in the grass.

4 comments:

Traci said...

That was funny! I'm sorry that you fell, but I can just see it happening. Thanks for sharing!

Maleen said...

Yes, I hate to admit, but it makes me smile to think of you face down in the grass wondering how you got there. I would have laughed at you too, but I probably would have helped you up....maybe.

Barb said...

Great story! I can just see it... hahaha

Jodi said...

Thanks for making me laugh Ker! I can always count on you!