Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween is HERE!

I love this time of year! All the holidays are upon us. Halloween, my Best Friends birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years--sheesh! Its great. I love all the festivities, traditions,sights, and smells, but most importantly I love the laughter the of my kids. We kicked off the season with our 2nd annual Halloween Party/Family Home Evening. We invited some of our great friends to join us. We had great soups, breads, hotchocolate and desserts galore! The kids all enjoyed the evening with a cupcake walk, a doughnut eating race, a fish pond, guessing jar and of course the monster mash musical chairs-in which Trevor won! The older kids kept the night going by playing "ghosts in the graveyard". The weather was beautiful, and great for an evening outside. Our back yard weas decked out with everyones pumpkins all carved and lit. I bought a fireplace just in case it was cold, but it added to the ambiance! Next year my friend Maleen said she was going to make us all hand warmers. I am keeping her to that offer, because last year--we were all FREEZING! It was a great night, and a fun tradition that I think we will keep on a doing.

5 comments:

Barb said...

How do you buy a fireplace?

Evan said...

It's one of those outside fire pit thingies. Kristel and I have one too and they're awesome! But this time of the year is my favorite as well. Can't belive it'll be November tomorrow.

Maleen said...

Awesome pictures. Once again, we had a great time. I'm glad we got to kick off the holidays with you.

Jodi said...

I am so glad that you get so into the holidays. I really should take a tip or two from you. Then maybe I wouldn't be such a party pooper... ha! (But I do love Christmas and I love your Christmas party too!)

Cindy B said...

Thanks again for the great party! We had so much fun.