Thursday, October 18, 2007

Progress




Well we are finally making some progress after a few months of new birdies. Our good friends Cami and Matt came over yesterday and clipped their wings and talons. Camie worked with me for quite some time on training them. Alot of training seems to be patience-and well we all know that that is one virtue I lack! Anyways by 15 minutes into them being here, they were calming down and by the evening they were being held out of their cages and not freaking out! That darn Samson was flying around my house for 15 minutes before we caught him. The kids have never been able to handle them like they did "Tink", but hey this is progress, and I am hopeful!

*Please note that we dont let Mason hold the birds on his own EVER!

4 comments:

Maleen said...

It is good that your kids hold them. My bird got so bored when I was little because I got too busy to ever take him out. Pets are often a passing fancy. That is why I got a fish. Then when my kids ask for another pet, I can say, "You don't even feed the fish now."

Deanne said...

I'm glad to hear you're making progress on the bird training front. The kids look excited to hold them. I can't wait to see their tricks! (the birds,not the kids--although I'm sure they have some pretty good tricks, too)

Wright Family said...

Seth was so excited to see Mason. Good luck with the training. Oh Megan's hair looks so cute short and flipped out.

buhlersdayoff said...

Hey where were you guys this morning?!! Jessica and I went to spin but we didn't see any of you. Hopefully you were enjoying your nice warm bed like we should have been doing!! cute birds! We had an awesome bird growing up and then my brother had it outside and it flew away with clipped wings and all so we got another one and it for sure wasn't as great so we totally understand.