Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Babysitters Club


A couple of weeks ago, we had a ward function. And for any of you who know where I live, there is a ton of kids, but a shortage of young girls to babysit. Well, my Mikayla and her cute little friend Erica were asked to babysit together. This was a first time for her and for us for that matter. I was really excited for her, because I remember loving babysitting when I was a young girl, and I made a ton of money doing it, because I was always willing. Anyways, they had such a fun time, that they decided that they wanted to form a "Babysitters Club". Just the 2 of them. This was partly due to us, because we still feel that Mikayla is a little to young to do it alone.


So the girls made a few fliers and delivered them to the neighborhood announcing that they would love to babysit if they could do it together. We talked to them about making sure the house was cleaner than when they left it, that part of being responsible was not forgetting about the kids-yadayadayada.


Well they had their second job this past weekend, and LOVED it again. They were so excited, when Erica got the call, she rushed immediately over to our house announcing that they had a job and it was in one hour! SO, excitedly Mikayla was off and running.


It makes me happy to see these two cute girls trying to be responsible, and get some good experience together before they are 12 and ready to be on their own. They are so cute-they informed me that they dont charge for church service-ie going to meetings and to the temple. AND, that they only charge as if there was one of them there, that they would split their earnings in half. It is so exciting for them.


Here is a photo of the Vineyard Babysitters Club.

3 comments:

Suzer said...

I can't believe Mikayla is old enough to babysit. CRAZY! That means I'm getting toooooooooo old.

Kristel said...

Seriously! That's great they trying to be so responsible. I started a babysitters club with my friends when I was 11. My poor mother. We tacked posters with our phone numbers all over telephone poles in ghetto Riverside, California. Sounds safe, eh? Luckily, I'm still alive!

Jennifer said...

Well now I know who to call for babysitting. Makenna says to tell Mason Hi!