Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Can we say Mortified?



OK so who wouldnt love this sweet little face?

Let me tell you, I just had one of those--crawl under the rug moments.
We were driving to school, and you know, he is so darn cute in his uniform and well, we are driving along singing to the High School Musical 2 music, and out pops his finger from his nose. I know, your thinking "nice"-well if you dont want to be grossed out, stop reading now.

-He held out the grossest, biggest, boogie EVER!

Wouldnt you know, I didnt have any tissues with me, because I used them all yesterday when he barfed in my car. I was grossing out, and he was freaking out-because I kept saying dont eat that, dont wipe that on the seat, dont get that on your clothes, dont get that all over my car--SOOOOOO the little stinker opens the window and starts flicking his fingers and waving his hands in hopes that the booger will fly off.

He waves rapidly over and over and the darn thing wont fling off! So, we hit the school zone and slow--way down. He is still flapping wildly-we come to a stop sign where a cute little old guy is the crossing gaurd--and Mason waves and says hi to him daily. Well not anymore as we have to find a new route to school. Mason gives his hand a huge flick and guess what goes flying off and hits the little old crossing gaurd! Yep---the booger! I died. Mason looks at me and says "mom!" I was mortified--I gunned the van and we were off. I am still dying at the fact that this poor little guy got a boogie flicked on him. I guess now I will have to get the dreaded bumper sticker that says-"If you drive to close I'll flick a booger on you!"

11 comments:

Suzer said...

That is so stinkin' funny! ha ha ha hahahaha !!! oooooooooohhh that was so very gross! Poor old man! Yep you better not see that guy again--how embarrassing.

Deanne said...

LOL!!! I am cracking up (and dry heaving). Maybe the crossing guard didn't notice, or maybe it wasn't the first boogie that hit him that day. Either way, I'm sure he'll forgive Mason. Like you said in the beginning of the post, who wouldn't love that sweet face...even if it's attached to a booger-flinging hand?

Maleen said...

That is soooooo funny! It's a good thing we have memories so we can look BACK and laugh! That will be a great story for Mason as he grows up. Just don't tell every girl he dates :)

Barb said...

Hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

He's got bragging rights now. I'd nickname him "Flika" for at least a decade.

Jennifer said...

That is so funny! I'm so glad I was'nt there I would of started gagging for sure. Boogers are not my thing! I guess that gives me something to look foward to with my boys.

buhlersdayoff said...

Hilarious!! I love it!! My neice loves to pick her nose and when my sister says not to eat that it is gross she replies with, "no mom it tastes good!" Kids...you gotta love 'em

Doug and Becca said...

That is hilarious....oh my gosh I am laughing so hard. I can picture the whole scene. That poor cross gaurd. Better go buy some more tissues...... LOL

Jodi said...

Great story- but... really disgusting!

Evan said...

It reminds me of that old 80's song..."I got a boogie. I got a boogie. I got a boogie on my finger and I can't shake it off!" Don't ask me who sings it, but that the only words I remember while listening to it at the Boice's house growing up.

Anonymous said...

so did the little crossing guard know that he got hit with a boogie? I am so tempted to get you that bumper sticker!