Monday, September 10, 2007

When we're helping---we're happy!

I have two children that LOVE to be in the kitchen. So much so, that they are quite self sufficient in the cooking area. They have mastered the microwave. Both can crack and cook their own scrambled eggs. Oh, and Ramen.....well Mason cooks it for exactly 3 minutes. Megan prefers to boil it all the way down so that there is very little broth left. She knows just how she loves it, and makes it to her perfection. Peeling potatoes, well after the clean up-I guess it was worth it. Now dont get me wrong, I love that they love to cook---but the clean up, OMG!!!!! But we do have some pretty great times in the kitchen together and I keep telling myself that I should be grateful that they love to cook. At least they wont starve (unlike Mikayla who has to have me pour her milk and cereal--where did she come from?).
Here is Meg baking cookies---She doubled the batch, and it took all Sunday afternoon for these babies!
Here is the buddy --- stirring the Tapioca Pudding



6 comments:

Maleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maleen said...

Sorry, that was my deleted comment. What I said was-- Awesome. Kids in the kitchen are great, although you are right about the extra time and mess. June loves to cook and she wants to help no matter what I'm making. The other day I told her I was making Zucchini bread. She said, "Can I help you make it even though I don't think it will taste good." For the record, she loved it.

Deanne said...

Great job! Those cookies look good, but it's hard to tell without trying them...

Jodi said...

Wow- I want Callie to be like that! Maybe I will bring her to your house sometime! HAHA!

Kellie said...

I was just thinking wow! Question how do you get over the hurdle to let them actually crack an egg? I can't quite seem to let up enough to take that big leap of actually maybe most likely wasting an egg? P.s. I FINALLY updated my blog! Sorry i've been MIA for so long!

Evan said...

Brings me back to my childhood days when I used to bake cookies all the time too. Memories, like the corner of my mind.