Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sad Day at our house!


Well, we had a sad day today. The loss of a special little family member. Our "Tink"er bird passed today. It was a tragic accident. Very unfortunate for all of us. Many tears were shed. Mostly because our girls were so very very sad. Teaching your children about death and their emotions is not an easy thing. I am hoping that in a few days we will see smiles again, as every room has a reminder to our Mikayla. She loved her little bird. Tink will be missed.

6 comments:

Deanne said...

I'm so sorry. I know all too well the mourning that goes along with losing a pet. I was in tears for three days straight. It is such an empty feeling, but eventually things get back to normal, and you can use the reminders for good memories rather than painful ones. Hang in there.

Barb said...

How did Tink die?

Ker said...

Barb you really dont want to know! Sorry. it was tragic

Jodi said...

I'm sorry Ker! I hate to hear about sad things like that... but I am still curious as to how it happened as well. But I understand if you don't want to recount it!

Anonymous said...

Ker, I am glad you blogged me. I am excited, now I get to look at everyone in the ward cause everyone has a blog! Thanks:)

Suzer said...

Oh Ker, that is so sad! I know my kids are going to miss Tink as well. I bet Ash will cry too. They looked forward to seeing Tink when they came over. So sorry.