Saturday, April 4, 2009

Crack Off 2009

We held our first annual "Crack Off" last night. It was a riot. Last year our good friends the Caziers introduced us to the Easter Egg Crack off. We had such a blast that we decided that we would add it to our ever growing list of family traditions. AND because you are only invited back to defend your title...so we had to start our own. Thanks Maleenie for the great tradition.

Our crack off started with our friends the Aflac "Renegades. They each brought 3 decorated, hard boiled Easter Eggs. They drew for bracket placement and entered each egg with its name.

Some of our Eggs included- Bubbles, "Bareak Obama", Peanut (From Jeff Dunham), Flipper, Happy, Carribbean Crusher, BYU, the Aflac Duck, Di-eggo. We had 27 entered.
Before the cracking began, we gave each person a voting sheet that they had to vote for their top 3 favorite eggs. (cant vote for your own!)
Our winner was "Flipper" by Julie. She decorated hers in a bikini, and flippers,
and goggles.

There was a three way tie for second place.


Aflac duck, Peanut, and Boots.
Let the cracking begin. We had a double elimination bracket. Unfortunately Justin was put out early. He recieved the "Quaked" award. A little chocolate duck-for "Quaking" all of his eggs first. Sorry Justin!


Did you know that if two eggs roll into one another, only one will crack? I know you wanted that knowledge stored in your brain. Hey it may come in handy.
Our winner for the evening was James. His Egg "Frenchie" won! Good Job James! You are invited back next year to defend your title!

9 comments:

Matt N Camie Family said...

Is that Justin Lamb??? If it is... my brother married his sister!!! What a small world! :) Sounds like tons of fun!

Ker said...

Yes it is--the one and only! His wife Andrea just had a baby a week and a half ago.

Unknown said...

You guys are totally cracked.

Or

You're on crack.

One of the two :)

Kendra said...

I am going to laugh so hard in just a minute about small worlds! Camie knows Justin Lamb, as do I! I grew up with him in AF. I heard that his wife was in labor while he was off doing something fun for himself! What a doofus! :)

Maleen said...

I'm going to have to steal some of those egg names—how creative.
Looks like it was a big hit! Then again, anything you do is :)

Also, I love those crafty eggs...you should put a link so we could try them too.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I might have to do this...

Oh, and I wish I was signed up for CTMH under you as well! Is it possible to change?

Barb said...

Some year, some day, I want to to be invited to this.

Suzer said...

That's awesome Ker! Love that idea. I'm glad you had a blast.

Sheri said...

Like I said last year, I love this idea. So I am also stealing this idea and having it on Saturday night. Of course it may not be as well organized considering I have never been to a Crack off, so we will just have to see how it goes, wish me luck and thanks for some more insights to the event.