Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Weekend

It did not turn out like I had planned. I had this grandious idea that I would set up a tent downstairs and have snacks and conference packets a heater (in liu of a fire) etc. Pull out the sleeping bags, pillows, and blankets. And pretend that we were listening to the prophet just like the people in King Benjamins time (hence the pitching of tents). Yeah well two of my children blew it. They were naughty and disruptive and did NOT want to participate. Infact on Saturday they snuck out of the basement window to play "quietly" in the back yard. They fought and yelled and were like Lamen and Lemuel. I was mad by the second session of the 1st day. So I sent them to their rooms. Sunday comes--nope, no such luck. They shredded my tent! I was too mad to take photos. So next conference-they can sit quietly by me for 8 hours and suffer! Oooh Im bitter. On a good note, I did love conference.

After Conference we went up to cousin Kims and had our monthly family home evening and dinner. We had a surprise birthday party for my Aunt Laura.

Steve and Troy- snitching into the ham!

Aunt Laura and Mick

Crazy girls- Beans, Lala, Brookie the Cookie, and Nut Meg

THE PREECE GIRLS!
A Kim and Ker sandwich! (Trina's face got scrunched!)

The kiddies love to party!

Family- it's great to be a part of one!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Stinkers. And you put all that effort into making Conference fun. It is SO hard to listen when there are kids everywhere! I think I heard about one talk!

Financial Aid for College said...

Wow, Kim! Your blog,complete with a thousand photos and rock music, makes mine look like Cream O'Wheat. You REALLY know what you're doing!

And tents for conference like king Benjamin, that is TOO CUTE! How incredibly original, whether it worked or not.

Keep up the good work!

Matt N Camie Family said...

My kids were naughty too! Even Cory threw a huge temper tantrum and hello he is 14! I missed most of it too! Thank goodness for the Ensign!! Maybe I will try your idea next time to make it more fun so mine aren't so naughty. (Knock on wood!) That is such a cute idea!! You are so creative and talented!! I love seeing all the crafty stuff you think of! Thanks for sharing!!
Sounds like the party was good at least!! Your girls are adorable!

Barb said...

Ker, what a creative idea with the tents! Sorry, it did not work out.

Sheri said...

Love the Lehi idea, but most of all I loved those that snuck out. That is classic!!!!!!!