Thursday, February 26, 2009

Playin a little catch up-

Life just passes by so fast! Sheesh! I just wanted to post a few things I wanted to remember since this is my journal!
Mikayla has been busy dancing like crazy! LOVES it-still! She just started taking ballroom and LOVES it. I am surprised as she has never wanted to do ballroom in 10 years of dancing. It is fun to watch Meg and her "jive" together. She has picked it up quick and I suspect that she will be competing next season. So stay tuned.

*She is also preparing for the state spelling bee....If I never see another spelling word again, it will be tooooooo sooooon!

*She is preparing for the state Science Olympiad in March too. Crazy girl. She is partnered with Nathan. They are doing "Write it Do it", and "Mystery Archetecture". I think they will rock at it.

*She just tested for the "ALL" program for Junior High--Acellerated Learning. Four hour test that fried her brain as she puts it.

*She is memorizing lines for her first play where she will debut as "Glenda the Good witch from the Wizard Of Oz. (She is bitter! She did not want to be in the play, she wanted to be the stage crew)

*She got straight A's this term
*She plays the piano too--and is beginning to LOVE it!
*She loves babysitting whenever she gets the chance.

*She has discovered Facebook

Here is a photo of the team after tryouts for stadium of fire.
Megan:
She is just as busy. She has been dancing her pants off too. She still loves it, and wants to get back into the jazz classes this next year.


She keeps busy 3 days a week with Swim team.


She is a girl scout now! Loves all of the extra fun activities that go with it!
She plays the piano and loves her teacher Becca but I think really loves to go just to see Beccas kids.
She is getting good grades too!

Macer: Well this time of year is slow for him. He cant wait for soccer to start. He has been taking swim lessons, and he is my co-pilot. He has to go everywhere with me because he cant stay home alone. He loves our bird Pez,

and loves to play in the snow and loves to tease his sisters. Did I mention that that boy is LOUD!

He has been with me too much I think, as the other day we all got in the van to go somewhere and he said to Steve-"Dad turn on the air conditioner, I am having a hot flash"! Nice my son is meno-pausal.
*He loves Ramen and can cook it himself

He got straight A's and his teacher loves him. He has gotten the "Noble Knight" award 6 times this year. Way to go Mace!

Steve and I- we are good. Just tired!

4 comments:

Maleen said...

Oooh, whenever they do girl scout cookies, send Megan my way.

The Shepherds said...

She will make an awesome Glenda...she is such a beautiful girl. I really mean that! Really pretty! It sounds like me and Mason need to get together and have a Ramen cook off....I thought I was the only one that had perfected the art of Ramens. ha ha!Your kids are doing so well! You should be so proud! I just signed my girls up for a ballet/tap class....I sure hope they will enjoy it ten years from now like your girls.

Amber Harmon said...

Your kids are getting big! It's amazing how fast they grow up before our eyes! Royal was asking about Megan and I showed him her picture and he couldn't believe that was her. To the good old days!!

Sheri said...

They grow up so fast. October won't do for us, how about Feb or something in the summer, I know summers are so busy. I'll put my thinking cap on. We will be there for the 4th this year but Dave will only have the weekend.