Thursday, February 19, 2009

They continually amaze me!

How grateful we are for the studio that our daughters go to. Our girls have danced at Center Stage now for almost 10 years! (Dont tell Steve how much he has accumulatively spent there) We have traveled and competed all over. The experiences our girls have had has been un-real to them in their short little lives. The training is the BEST and knowing that they have such great teachers, and that they have such great friends makes it all worth it. Not to mention the great talents that they are developing. Most of their extra time is spent each week at the studio. It truly is Mikayla's second home. Mikayla is on the Jr. Company this year, and she loves it! Stacy Bills her director put a huge production number on our Jr's, Teens and Sr. Company this year, and it has truly rocked the house. The piece is called "I'm alive" by Celine Dion. At Nuvo (one of our comps), the team dedicated this piece to Hefa Tuita Sr.- a father of 3 of our boys on these teams who died just after Thanksgiving. It was incredible to watch-and tears streamed down many of our eyes. Every time I watch these kids perform this I get goose bumps. They have had several opportunities to perform this piece-one of them being with the "Dancing with the Stars Tour" last month. There are a few possibilities in the works with it right now. I will post them if they get chosen. Anyways, this video does not do it justice, but I just want my blogger friends that go to Center Stage and dance this piece, that you rock! This was taken last night at the Scera while the kids auditioned for "Stadium of Fire". I hope you enjoy it!
PS-Mikayla really is in there dancing.

4 comments:

The Shepherds said...

That is awesome! I would love for my girls to get involved in dance. We have a company out here called N'Step and it is a lot like Center Stage. I think I will enroll Gracie in Jazz soon.

Traci said...

That was so awesome. I love watching the videos and seeing the pictures of your girls dancing, I can't wait to put Bailee in dance.

Trudy Ann said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO1JNIkHVZI

it is on youtube! a little bit better, but can't really see Kayla, but can see some detail a bit better! LOVE THEM!!!

Kendra said...

How fun! They look awesome! So, did they make it for the Stadium of Fire?