Monday, February 23, 2009

Pez

Birds at the Scoresby home---A few years ago we had a great little bird named "Tink". Tink died a very tragic death. Death by microwave. Yes it was a sad day in the life of Mikayla as her brother zapped her little pet in efforts to try and warm him up after playing hide and seek with him in the fridge.

Last Year we replaced Tink with a little bird named Lacie. She was cute and all, but she bit hard! She was not fun for the kids at all. We tried to give Lacie a companion-Samson-He too ended up being a dud. As all he did was sit in a corner. He would not let the kids play with him either. These two dumb birds were not worth the mess they made daily.

So, we moved. What a great time to get rid of the birds! Yes we gave them to the pet store for a whole $4. They are probably still sitting at Animal Ark homeless because they were so dumb.

Our friends Mindy and Tracy got us a new bird for Christmas. We did not get him until a few weeks ago, as he was only born on Dec. 7th. He was hand fed, and he is the sweetest thing in the world. His name is Pez or "Pezzer" as the kids call him. But he LOVES me! Oh my goodness, he makes little sounds like a puppy to get me to hold him. He rides my shoulder throughout the house, and he mimics two different whistle sounds I make. Freaks Steve out, because he cant tell our whistles apart. The kids noses are bent out of shape because Pez loves me best. He hates the cage, and loves to wander around the house. (this does not happen un-supervised-I hate bird poop!) Steve calls me the "bird whisperer". Pez thinks he is a pup. I tease my friends that he is a "Lap Bird"-so you will probably see me driving around with a bird on my shoulder this summer.

Hey this bird rocks-he is a scrapbooker in training!

Checkin out my inks.

Pez, Meg and Ker

Pezer loves people food! Crazy bird!

My little buddy.

Why a bird and not a dog, cat or horse? Well Mikayla is allergic to EVERYTHING! So poor little thing can only have a bird or a fish...so fish are dumb.

5 comments:

Maleen said...

I love finding a good pet. He is really a cute bird. Tyler enjoyed holding him, but I could tell he preferred you :)

Kendra said...

I too am allergic to everything, plus my husband hates dogs and cats so that helps in the no animal zone. I've been thinking about a bird.....or a rat. I can't decide which.
I didn't know you moved. Where to?

Matt N Camie Family said...

YAAAY!!! I am so glad you found one you can bond with again!! He looks adorable!! He sounds just like little Tinker!! :) CUTE CUTE!! I wondered why you never called to ask me to clip birds anymore! hehe That explains it! hehe

The Shepherds said...

Wow! He looks full grown. I guess birds are full grown after two months huh? We have two labs, and about now I am wishing my kids were allergic...that would be a lovely excuse to evict them from the premises.

Chelle! said...

Microwave? Really!!! Oh, how sad!!! I am glad that you found a new pet!!!