Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I DID IT!

Yeah for me! It's been 6 weeks TODAY that I underwent surgery! I can honestly say that I did not vacuum, sweep, mop, or lift anything heavier than a milk container-aside from holding my niece at 4 weeks (but I was sitting). I physically feel GREAT! It was such a hard thing for me. It is not like me to sit or lay around. My kids, Steve and so many of my family and friends have pitched in to take over my very busy life. You have all done a fabulous job! Thank you, as I feel blessed.

Right now, I am just trying to deal with emotions. Who would have thought that a womans life was so controlled by ovaries. Somedays I am a complete mess, other days-I am great. I am a human oven right now- with all of the lovely hot flashes and night sweats. I dont so much love that! I am an insomniac as well-perscription sleeping aid is barely working for me. SOooo I am hoping in time to be a normal person again.

I count my blessings everyday for my wonderful life. Life is short and it comes at you fast. For me, I am enjoying each moment, as they are all precious!

12 comments:

{jane} said...

6 weeks, kudos!

i hope the hot flashes, etc. regulate themselves soon...in the meantime, think of all the blogging you can do during your moonlighting hours!

Jodi said...

Way to go! Keep it up and stay strong. Sorry about all of the fun side effects...

Cindy B said...

Hey Ker...welcome to MY world, of hot flashes and night sweats and not being able to sleep! No fun! Must have been especially hard for you, though, as yours came on so suddenly! Mine was gradual...
Anyhoo...soooo happy to hear you are doing so well, and that you were a good girl and did what the doctor told you to do.
Now, when are we going to see our Donny?!
I'm thinking maybe December now...there may be a fan "get-together" scheduled then. If not, then I'm also thinking March...going to see Donny for my 50th birthday might be REALLY fun!
Let me know!
I think of you often...
We're TWO days away from my daughter's wedding....AAAHHHH!
Love ya,
Cindy Baker

Maleen said...

That seemed to go quickly...I am sure not for you though. You always look great and your attitude is positive. You are an inspiration to many.

HeaddaMarie said...

Keri-YOU ROCK!! You are such an awesome person!! I am glad I know you!

Tamalama said...

Welcome back sista! As you can see by the time of this comment, I'm also awake most of the time. You would think your body would let you sleep after days and nights of being awake! No sense, I tell ya!

The Shepherds said...

Keri-

You look beautiful. You really do! Congrats!

Sheri said...

Keri, good for you!!Don't try to bounce back too soon! Now you can really party on Halloween, one of my favorites!

Cindy B said...

I'm proud of you! I knew you could do it!

Chelle! said...

YEAH!!!! I am so excited for you--not for the hot flashes and such, but for being you and being so positive. Thanks for the person you are!!! I think that you are great!! I hope things continue to improve for you!!!

Stacy said...

Congratulations Keri! I am so glad you are feeling better and ready to move again. I was the same way after I had a C-section. We all wish for "down time" to rest etc. but then after like a day or two, its like "give me something to do!". But you made it through and we are all so proud!
We miss all you guys over there in the old neighborhood, we will have to come visit again.

jennaloha said...

We were so sad to miss you during our sudden trip to your region! The kids especially missed their cousins. I'm glad you are past the worst...it's only upwards from here, right? We're still praying for you. Rafe won't let us stop :)