Friday, October 24, 2008

Tuesday Gifts

Many years ago-back in the day. Some of our best friends (Dave and Sher)lived by us. We hung out all the time. Some of my funnest and funniest memories of my early married life are with Dave and Sher. So this story is dedicated to my good friend Dave Hone....I came home on Tuesday to find a gift. It was mixing spoons.

Ok, so I thought that this was random. And mixing spoons as a gift? So, I said to Stevie Wonder Buns-"Whats up with the spoons?" He said it was a Tuesday gift. I laughed and laughed at the memory of Dave.

See Dave used to give Sher gifts randomly. Monday gift, Yom Kippor, Ash Wednesday, Saturday gift. Kind of cool huh. Just little RAK (Random Acts of Kindness). So my question is now that 15 years have passed, I wonder if Dave still does his Tuesday gifts, and I am hoping that Steve will continue to surprise me with Tuesday gifts. They are very thoughtful,and put a smile on my face.

*I did make a mistake though. On Wednesday the spoons were still in the package, and he was highly offended I had not taken his Tuesday gift seriously. So, note to self---put those gifts to use immediatly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that idea. I am so glad to see you are feeling better. You look great!!

Maleen said...

That really is a good idea. I made a Halloween cake for Tyler, just cuz. Of course I made it earlier than planned because it used buttermilk and the buttermilk I bought was going to expire, so it ended up being a Tuesday Gift.

Sheri said...

Just to put your mind at ease, 17 years later I am still getting Saturday presents. At times they have gotten a little far between, but just a week ago I got one, a step counter for my walks. That started on our honeymoon! So enjoy those "just because" gifts! They always put a smile on my face!

Tamalama said...

Oh, that is so sweet of Stevie Buns! You did good with that one!