Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Festivities

It is so good to be out doing things again! I'm a little slow but it is good! Last week I went with the first graders to Hee Haws in Pleasant Grove. Mace had a great time, and LOVED the slide. His favorite part was feeding the goats. His favorite story is the "Three Billy Goats Gruff" so he was in heaven feeding the biggest goat!

The girls have been bugging me to go to Pumpkin Land to get their pumpkins and walk through the corn maze. We have done this every year since Mikayla was a little girl. It's fun, and the kids love it, and I have the same pictures every year. The kids are just older. I dont so much love pumpkinland. I think it is run down and there are mice running around everywhere. (yeah I know its a farm--but it could be kept up a little. Even Mikayla commented on how bad she felt for some of the animals) We had fun though, and the kids picked out some great pumpkins.
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg3WO-SXnvhISYkzTcwkzh7KNNzybcKNzciRcO4ltSfIDPFgdGcAaH4ni-3w3ltVKJ3ntmnuzXvNX9_MHOeJhVLha-KNNMoxVq2hxHBjPunJxYoL1Dw2kyou2ci49Z_kf-0y3lGynEvf74/s1600-h/DSCN1308.JPG">
Last night we spent the evening carving our pumpkins. We really had a great time this year. The kids are getting older, and they all cleaned out their pumpkins. Even Mikayla. They all carved their faces too. We were amazed at Meg, she is so creative and focused. We cant wait to light them up in a few nights.

Mikayla hates pulling out the guts!

Mason loves the guts!

Creativity only happens in moms craft room! LOL

3 comments:

Maleen said...

You had time to carve after Trunk-or-Treat?! You are amazing. I just wanted to wash out pink hair and throw kids in bed. You really are a good mom.

Jodi said...

Come on- you don't love the weird Christmas Light haunted house at Pumpkin Land??? I agree it could use some updating and loving care.
I am so happy that you are recovering so well too!

Sheri said...

Looks like fun! I love the fall and all of the fun things to do!