Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Many Faces of our "Minion" Mikayla

We have had a busy week this week. Mikayla was in her first ballet. Center Stage did their first full ballet EVER! It was great! Janalyn did a fabulous job-and also all of the Center Stage Directors etc.
They did the "Sleeping Beauty". Mikayla was one of Carabosse's Minions (or in the Disney world-Milificents rats or followers). Really they had the funnest costumes. All the costuming was gorgeous and beautiful, the music was wonderful. BUT our little Minions they rocked (if you can rock in a ballet)check out these costumes---(this is for you Cassie-because I know you miss them all so much!)

Actually her makeup was darker and her hair was bigger when we did the touch ups before she went onstage. I joked around with her that- I hoped a police officer didnt pull me over, or they would throw me in jail for "abuse and neglect!"

She is definately NOT a sleeping beauty in these photos---But she is darling, and she did a great job! Infact the whole studio did fabulous! I was very impressed with their hard work and dedication to pull something of this caliber off in the summer! Good job Center Stage Students and faculty! You ROCK!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is really flexible! I'm impressed!

Barb said...

I wish I could stretch that high...

Stacy said...

Nice to see you at the Summerfest, as you can see we were ducking out of the parade early because, as you said, it was so long.
Mikayla is looking quite limber here, I'm sure she did great :)

Sheri said...

Way to go Mikayla. Ker, wasn't it Ashes and stumps???I mean after they threw gas on the only tree at Bear Lake and lit it on fire?! Those were the days as we carried our little tents over our heads! ha ha ha

Tamalama said...

Wow, Mikayla looks fantasic!

Maleen said...

She definitely looks like a minion. I bet the performance was really fun.
I'm glad you enjoyed Summerfest too. I haven't quite got my pictures up yet, and we skipped the parade entirely. Hearing that it was so long makes me not regret that we missed it.

Cindy B said...

Who is that evil child? It can't be my sweet neighbor! She looks great. And I like the new background too.

Wright Family said...

I can't believe that's her. She looks so different.