Monday, June 16, 2008

I do believe that "Summer" might be here!

The first 2 weeks of summer have been so frustrating to me. Cold for a few days, warm then cold, then hot. Sheesh! BUT I think it is finally here! AND just in time for the Orem Summer Fest. We had a great time at the fest. The girls usually dance there one afternoon. So on Friday afternoon, they performed and on Saturday we enjoyed all of the festivities. I was surprised at how long the parade was! Hello it went on for over an hour and a half! The kids had a great time and then there were fireworks. Ok so a mothers nightmare happened for me that night. I had taken the kids and Erica (Mikaylas BFF). Some friends of mine had saved our place at 9:30 in the am for the parade. Stevie Wonder Buns did NOT join us, as he had a little flu bug. So we had watched the parade, and by the time it was over we had 20 minutes or so until fireworks. The girls all had to go to the restroom (which was 3 blocks away). Mace did not-so he stayed with Mindy at the blankets. Well we walk back to the park into to hordes of people and who should wander away? Yep---Megs! I had this panic feeling with all of these people in the dark and never finding my cute girl again. I stood on a chair and sent Tracy looking. Meg had walked herself to the bathroom She wasnt lost-I was aparently. SO in the meantime of her being lost Mindy calls and says that Mason now has to "poop"! Nice, yes I know. So, I forfeit my potty break and "RUN" to save Mason. As there are no porta potties on Center Street, and Mind cant leave all of our stuff-AND when Mason has to go, he has to go. So I threw him in the car and we went and found a toitie! The fireworks had started and were nearly done when we got back-but in the end everyones bladders were relieved, and everyone was found, and I was exhausted!

"Witch Doctor"

Parade Go-ers!

This is what happens when you refuse to wear your flip flops and chase the floats and candy throwers.

We missed our dad! and I missed his kiss under the fireworks! Good thing the 4th is coming!
Anyways-welcome summer!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Sounds so fun!!!! Glad you found Megan! Hope Stevie Buns is feeling better. Welcome Summer!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

I love Orem Summer-Fest. My parents live right by Center St. so we have easy access to the parade. It was super long this year. I'm glad you didn't lose Megan, that is a scary feeling.

{jane} said...

"Stevie wonder buns," that is hilarious!

I'm glad everyone made it to the bathroom & then was found again in time for the fireworks finale!