Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Girls Camp Here I come! Again!

My very most favorite part of being a young woman was going to girls camp. I LOVED it! We went to Rock Creek Girls Camp in Idaho. I remember my leaders (who became some of my closest friends) and I remember all of the girls. The pranks, the skits,the spirit, the scarry stories and just being in the mountains. It was thrilling too me. I hated to see it end. It didnt end too soon for me, as I have gone to camp for MANY MANY years as a leader, as a stake leader, as a young womens leader, as a regional leader. I have done it all. I love the whole experience. I had actually gone 19 years in a row (minus the summer I got married) since I was 12! Yeah that is how much I love it! I then had a few year sabatical and went for a few years after Mikayla was born. I believe I have been 21 years to girls camp. That would mean in my lifetime that is over 5 months of camping! HOLY COW!

I enjoyed the break but knew as soon as my girls were old enough too go, I wanted to be there. I could not be there last summer with Mikayla as I was still in recovery, BUT I just got called to be our ward camp director for this summer. I am way excited to go! I think it will be a thrill to be with such a large ward and to be with my little sweetie girl.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations Keri! I am the ward camp director too. We will have to share ideas :)

The Shepherds said...

That is short notice! You are great Keri. You will be awesome.