Sunday, September 7, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Im home now. It is so good to be here. As much as I wanted to be home, I was nervous to leave the safety and security of the nurses. I am doing well. My pain is very low if I stay ontop of the meds etc. So I am resting comfortably. The only time I really feel the "Pain" badly is if I sneeze, cough or laugh. I have been coughing alot-due to laying down, I have a slight cold in my chest. It is typical I guess.

Before I left the hospital-the doc had a "come to Jesus" talk with me. Kind of scared me a little. He told me that the surgery I just had was serious and huge. That next to cracking open a chest this was the next hardest to recover from. Only because of the way the incision was cut. So-I will not be lifting or doing anything for "real" for 6 weeks. For me this will be sheer torture! He told me that many people will start feeling better and 5 weeks into their recovery they end back in the hospital starting over. So I guess I am really and truly grounded for 6 weeks.

I had a panic attack last night thinking about my mom leaving in 5 days. BUT- I am tough and I can do this! I have to keep telling myself that things will get done and I dont need to worry. I am learning lots of lessons right now.

I wish I had photos of something exciting to post but posting a shot of a belly with 27 staples and tubes just does not sound too great. All in all I am doing good. I dont feel weak or sickly- just sore and frustrated. I am ahead of schedule and as the doc says I either have a high tolerence for pain or I am tough as nails....Hmmm I have not figured out which I am. But I do know that I will be back to the gym the end of October--slowly but surely.

11 comments:

Cindy B said...

Hey, remember that I'm just next door. And I am totally serious with that offer to run your errands and have Mason over to play with Will. You'll get through this! And the payoff will be worth it.

Kristel said...

Welcome home! Dr. Holmes must know you well or something. He sure wanted to make sure you understood exactly was 6 weeks of rest meant!

Seriously, Keri, you are very loved, there are tons of people who can help out. The kids can stay with us anytime. I can run errands any time (except for Tues night and friday). Breathe deeply, make a schedule and fill in helpers!

Chelle! said...

WQW!! You are amazing!! I am glad to hear that you are home and doing so great!!! You have a lot of people praying for you and of course, you can see all that great blessings that you are receiving. You are a rock!!

I have something pretty cool (okay, I think that it is cool), but I have had the yucky flu stuff and thought that you probably would not want to tackle that with all your other stuff...but sometime soon, the party fairy will be arriving at your home to party with some cool stuff!!!

The Batty Bunch said...

Oh girl, my prayers are so with you and your famiy. I have been away form the blogging world so I have been totaly oblivious to your life, I'm sorry. I hope you are recovering well. Gentle hugs!!

Sheri said...

Stay down and be a good girl or we won't be partying like we are planning!!!! Just thinking about you - take care

Barb said...

Let me know what I can do! Glad you are home.

Rynell said...

I'm so glad you are doing well. Don't you love those serious doctor talks?

You are loved!

Jodi said...

I'm glad that you are home. Thanks for not posting any pictures of the wound! I really am quite squeamish. I think you are tough and have a high tolerance for pain because you are that awesome! Keep thinking positive thoughts!

Suzer said...

You can do it Ker. I know it will be challenging for you not to be doing anything, but try to live it up. How often do we mom's get pampered? We're always the ones pampering everybody else. Hang in there woman! I know you can do it!

Tammy said...

So glad you are home and on your way to recovering. Hang in there. The housework can wait.

So glad to see you have much support. May Heavenly Father bless you with a speedy recovery.

Sally said...

Keri! I'm so glad things went well and you are home. I've been worrying. It is hard to ask for help and unless you've been there people don't understand how hard it is. I needed help for 3 months and it was hard to take, take, take but at the same time very humbling. I am usually the give, give, give type and no take. So LET people help and you get better!!!!! Love ya!