Sunday, September 14, 2008

GO AWAY CANCER!

I have been meaning to post all week, but have been waiting for my family to all be in one place at a time-since I cant get to them.

It is official-on Monday morning September 8 2008 I got a call from my doc. Did I mention that I love him, and that he is my hero! (He is the one who found my "C", and insisted on further testing-much to my dismay and frustration of it all-I am very grateful now!) My pathology came back. All of my cancer tags are clean, my fallopian tubes,ovaries, and cervix were all clean-and the cancer stayed in the lining of my ueterus. YEAH! I was doing the happy dance in my head all day and of course my family was cheering. I have none of my female organs left in me any longer and now all I have to do is re-coop. (yeah that one is not fun for me!) This means no chemo or radiation. Double yeah for me! I will have to follow up every 3 months for the first year and every 6 months for the next 4 years until I am officially in re-mission.

Todays technology is amazing, and my doctors rock! I feel so blessed. We are so happy and relieved. We again are so grateful to all of our family and friends and the fasting and prayers that were in our behalf. Wow!

Here is a photo of my family (Im not standing straight yet). The story behind the photo is---My cousin's(Kim and Troy) two nephews who had down syndrome and both brothers just passed away in the last year from cancer. Ben (the younger)watched Josh suffer and die, and then himself passed with the same disease. He would put his hand and arm in the "Superman" pose and yell--"Go away Cancer!" That has become our family theme as of late.
My cousins and dad will be riding the Heber City Century ride in a few weeks in memory of our family members who have lost their lives to this terrible disease, and to the few of us who have survived. We are team Preece, and our family theme is "Preece Lightning".Striking out cancer! We have a lightning bolt across each of our chests that say-"Go away Cancer"! Although I wont ride this year, I will be there with the team Preece vehicle cheering my family on! (my surgeon will be riding this ride as well-pretty cool) I will ride next year! All proceeds go to the Huntsman Center Cancer Research. I love my family and the support and strength they give me each and everyday!

20 comments:

Sheri said...

Darling, you look Marvelous!!!!Our family couldn't be happier for yours!!We cheered here when we got the news. Every once in while God sends us some thing to make us check how we are doing, we are glad that yours had such a happy ending!!!Love you guys!

Chelle! said...

I did the happy dance when I heard the great news. Go PREECE LIGHTNING!!

Maleen said...

Go away and STAY away! I am so glad that everything is looking so good. I really wanted to visit you this week, but I have had a sore throat and I figure you have enough pain as is right now. But I am rooting for Preece Lightning!

Jodi said...

That is great news to hear Ker! Hopefully everything continues so well. I love your doctor without even knowing him. How cool is it that he is coming to the race?

Tamalama said...

You're on my Gratitude list, sis!

Tammy said...

That is definitely great news. Yay! I'm so happy for you!

Katie said...

YAY! I'm so glad that the news was so positive. That is great. I'm so happy for you.

{jane} said...

oh Ker, I am so happy for you. I hope you heal quickly. Make sure you rest and don't jump up to get back into the swing of things too quickly!

Deanne said...

Hooray!!!! What amazing news. I'm so grateful that everything is clean, and that you are on the road to recovery. You are such a strong woman, and such an example to me!

Candy said...

Ker Bear, You rock!!!

I was thrilled to hear the awesome news. I know I am such a bad friend... you've been in my prayers but I haven't been over to see you for a bit. I am coming though... PEARCE LIGHTNING ALL THE WAY!!!

Love your guts!
Candace

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!!! I am so happy for you!

Congrats!!

katie said...

WAY TO GO KERI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the ras family

Traci said...

That is such great news! YEAH!

Amy and Kris said...

Oh my gosh Keri, I haven't read your blog in a little while & I was shocked to read the last few posts! I'm so glad you are okay & all is going good it seems. I'm so glad you are cancer free! I hope you continue to recover well & you will be in my prayers!
Amy

The Shepherds said...

Hey Keri! Are you kidding! Of course I remember you! I CANNOT believe how dark Megan turned out. I haven't seen her since she was probably 6 months old, but she is much darker then I remember. All three children are just beautiful! I think about Barbara off and on as well. I'm glad to hear the good news about your "c".

The Shepherds said...

Hey there! Yea, I do remember they are adopted! That is awesome! I think I remember that the youngest two have the same birth mom....right? Anyway, I just remember Megan being much lighter as a baby. I remember the black hair, but not the dark skin. I actually did a little lurking and found Barb's blog. I will have to contact her. I honestly was thinking of her recently.

Rynell said...

Hooray! What great news! I've been thinking of you often.

Your family is so cute. Very cool about the race.

Mikie said...

Ker, we are very grateful that they caught it early and everything is clean.
Mikie Jenny Cadie and Jakie

Unknown said...

Hooray!! We love you!

Kellie said...

I am soo soo sooo happy! I am insisting on throwing you a "first day on the bike party" Just a few more weeks! I really am so grateful all is ok! I have been praying that all would be well and now just praying recovery will go well! Love you Ker!