Thursday, September 4, 2008

Gratitude Part 2

I am sitting here in the hospital- I am proud to say that I am a "Cancer Survivor!" My surgery was postponed yesterday for a few hours, so we waited for nearly 4 hours. All went well. My Docs were the best! I felt blessed. I have had the best nurses, and PCT's. Docs feel like they got it all! They opened my uterus up after it was safely removed from my body and the cancer had not penetrated the walls. This is a good thing. It pretty much means that it hadnt spread. They took a bunch of lymph nodes out for testing. I am resting now at UVRMC. My pain has not been too bad as I have a catheter pump in my incision that pumps pain meds. I've had lots of visitors and it has been so wonderful to have the support.

Day 3-I am doing well. I do not get to go home for a few days still. Cath is out and IV's are out, and I am up and walking-but still need to be watched closely. Some of the pain meds have not worked for me, so that has to be under control before I get to go anywhere. I miss my kiddo's but realize this is where I need to be. I am so grateful for all the prayers and fasting in our behalf. Our biggest hurdle has been jumped and I will be down for at least 6 weeks. Now we wait for the pathology report. We are hoping the race is over. Keeping our fingers crossed.

12 comments:

Jodi said...

Yeah! That sounds like good news so far. I am glad everything went well. Good luck on your recovery :)

Rynell said...

Hooray! What good news! You have been in my thoughts and prayers every day.

I ran into Deanne as she & I were both leaving the hospital. (I was having pregnancy related testing.) She mentioned things were looking well for you. I was so glad, of course, but I forgot to ask what room you are in. If you want visitors, please email me
rynell (dot) lewis (at) gmail (dot) (com).

Tamalama said...

Way to go!!!! I'm doing the happy dance for you! (I know you're a better dancer:-), but until you can do it yourself...

Cindy B said...

Hi Ker...I've been thinking of you and praying for you all week. I'm so happy to hear that the nasty cancer probably has not spread! YES!!
I'll keep praying for you.
It so was great to see your posts today. Hang in there, and TAKE IT EASY! (Blythe told me you really want to get out of there...)I know it's got to be so hard to just lay around, but the more you rest the faster you'll recover and be "back at it" again. You've got be 100% when we go see Donny in Vegas in Nov.! (the show opens next week, on the 9th)

Well, take GOOD care, my cancer-survivor friend! Yeah!! Call or email me if you are bored...
I love you and I miss you...
Love,
Cindy Baker

The Asiedu Family said...

YEAH! I'm glad to hear it all went well! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

XX
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Ker that is such good news!! We will continue to pray for you and your family.

The Payson Olsen's said...

Hey!!!! I am so happy for you guys.. As I am sitting here writing this I am in tears, they are tears of joy, tears of sadness, tears of what ever. I just want you to know you and your family have been in our prayers... We are thinking about you all the time.... Please Please Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you. Keep strong and know that you have so many people that love you and care for you. You are not doing this alone, your heavenly fathers and family is there for you... We love you so much and am very thankful everything went so well. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Again please remember how much we love you and appreciate you for the person you are. Your are the best!!!! Keep your chin up. Take Care!

Sally said...

Prayers for you and your family! You are a trooper! Glad things went well! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Tammy said...

Great news. I pray you will continue to get good news. We'll still pray for you.

Rachel and Jacob said...

We all love you so much! You have to get better soon so you can continue to be the best mommy EVER!

Sheri said...

Glad to hear things went well. Speedy Recovery, we're thinking about you guys!

jennaloha said...

While you're in recovery start thinking about what Vegas shows you want to see in February. That should cheer you up :) We've been thinking a lot about you, Keri and are so thankful the news is good!