Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year! Where do I begin when my life has been in a whirl this past month of holidays and fun? It is always good for me to start the New Year off by reflecting all that I did accomplish in the last year, and get excited for the new one ahead. I think as I get older, the years go faster. So my first goal of the year is to not get older. Haha, if it were only that easy.

I had some big distractions this past year that didnt quite get me to where I want to be, BUT life is good, the distractions are gone and I am so excited for what life and what adventures lie ahead for me in 2008.

My biggie goal this year is to ride my first bike race in June at the "Little Red" race in Logan Utah. My cousin Kim, and Tera will be riding with me, and my good friend Jamee--and I am hoping Deanne (hint-hint) will be too. Just thinking about it gets me excited and gets my adrenaline a pumping. I havnt raced for 20 years! This is very exciting for me. I have been working hard for 4 months and plan on continuing to work hard and train for the next 6 months. I am going bike shopping/looking next week. Who would have thought that spinning would get me so addicted to biking. Believe me when I say "spinning" is NOT for the faint hearted. It is the hardest workout I have ever done in my life. So I really appreciate my posse-Deanne, Jamee, Kari and Maleen who are so diligent in keeping me going!


My other big goal is to keep enjoying my kids-to take time with them and enjoy their lives and accomplishments. I find myself sometimes getting too busy with life to really relax and enjoy them. So I will be saying "No" a lot more to others, but "YES" alot more to my kids, and Steve.

Life is so great. I love the quote that my friend Michelle put in her signature on her email that said "Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".

I am looking forward to this year! I plan on making it a GREAT one!

3 comments:

Tamalama said...

Amen Sista! Thanks for telling us about your blog! We started one too, 4brinksbuzzing@blogspot.com
Good luck on the training-you don't look any older!
Tamalama

Barb said...

Will you send me your pictures from New Year's?

Jodi said...

Those sound like great goals. Good luck in keeping them. Maybe since you wrote them down it will help to fulfill them!