Friday, January 18, 2008

Mom, I love to ski!

This past week has been an absolute blast, and an absolute whirl wind-it's going to take me several days to blog everything. BUT I am going to blog the highlight of our week first! Skiing!

Our great friends from Arizona Helen and Kevin Boltz came for the week to ski, visit, and help celbrate birthdays. We took the kids to Sundance ski resort yesterday and had a blast!

It was perfect going in the middle of the week, because there werent any other kids in the ski school. It was great, because Mace got a private lesson for 3 hours by himself and the girls were together. I was cracking up, because after teaching them all the basics, they took them to the bunny hill. Mason went down one time and looked at his instructor and said-"Yeah, I am done with that hill, I am ready for this big hill!" They then got on the ski lift and rode to the top and skiid all the way down. He loved it! He has the "pizza" (snowplow) and the french fries (parallel) down great! By the end of the day he was zipping down that hill fast. He was totally bombing the hill. Poor Kev was a real trooper. He stayed right with Mace the whole time. Thanks Kevin you are awesome!
Meg and Kayla-wow! They loved it and were naturals. They were a little more cautious but did so great. I think that their dancing legs held them back a little, because their dance teachers definately do not want broken legs during competition season. "slow and steady" is what we came to the conclusion with the girls.

It was so darn cold, but it didnt seem to hold them back, they couldnt wait to get back on the lift and come down the hill again and again. It was a great day, and everyone went to bed with smiles on-except Steve, who again is stressed because now they love yet another expensive activity. Lucky for them, he loves to ski too!

Mason at the end of the day. He was a little bummed that it was over!

Snowplow!



4 comments:

Maleen said...

What a cute skiing family. I'm glad my kids like to read, because that is what their mom does best. I hope I can give them experiences like that someday. I'll keep taking lessons from you--the FUN mom!

Chelle! said...

How awesome is that--"a skiing family"!!! As for my last skiing adventure--I was trying to impress this guy who I really liked and I skiied off the side of the mountain--tumbled so much that I lost my ski's, my boots, and my poles...AND THEN...ski patrol came with the snowmobile and sled. I was laughing so hard because if I didn't laugh, I would have cried. My adventure landed me a bruise from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. I was black and blue everywhere!!!

Deanne said...

Hooray for the fam! Another fun activity to be shared by all. We haven't been brave enough to try yet, but maybe we'll follow your lead.

Anonymous said...

That is so great that you guys went skiing. i totally want to have a ski family of my own. Yes it is expensive but such a great bonding activity and good exercise! Do you ski Ker?