Sunday, December 9, 2007

More of our December Adventures

First of all let me say that our little magical elf--is awesome and the kids are really enjoying finding him. AND they are much better behaved! Here is a re-cap of our activities of the week. On Monday December 3rd we gave the kids a challenge to give up 3-5 different toys to charity. They were all so willing, and more. We have 3 large bags ready to go.

Decemeber 4th we (or should I say Dad and the kids) made our gingerbread house. This is always a fun tradition for us, and it is always so tempting for the kids! A good time was had by all. Although, I think Steve was ready to tear his hair out by the time it was all said and done.



On Wednesday the kids made Christmas cards for each of their grandparents. Meg of course was the main card maker. She is my artsy fartsy girl. LOVES anything to do with art.



Thursday was a big day for our Mason. He was so excited, because it was St. Nikolas Day and he was testing those waters to see if his shoes were going to be filled with toys and goodies. He was so excited that he couldnt sleep. He kept bouncing from our bed to his. (this should worry me about Christmas! I may not sleep)

Friday brought Christmas crafs and Saturday was a play day in the snow!
We are enjoying the spirit of the holiday, and the kids look forward to each and everyday that we get to do something together.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Why was Steve pulling his hair out with the Gingerbread houses?

Wright Family said...

Ker I love all the little things you do. I wish I was that on the ball with things. We really don't have any christmas traditions.

The Payson Olsen's said...

WOW Ker, you so amaze me, I am so impressed with all that you do with your kids, I now feel like a really bad mom, will you adopt me and my family....I so look up to you, you are so amazing, thanks for sharing all your ideas, I will have to start some kind of Tradition with my little family. Love ya!

Deanne said...

I think it's safe to say that you continue to inspire people (including me). I'm nowhere near as on top of it as you, but I'm better than I have been in the past, so my kids thank you!