Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Christmas tradition continues.....

Our week has been filled with fun, fun, fun. If you are a member of our family, you will know that we rarely stop to rest. Here is a little of our 2nd week of December. We started our week off on Sunday the 9th with our girls first piano recital. They did so well, and Steve was so proud of them. He didnt really think that they played much. (only because he is gone in the mornings when the practice!) Becca Hamblin (their teacher) was so nice to even let Mace play a song that Meg taught him. He really wants to take lessons too, but maybe in a year or so. The girls love Becca and therefore love to take lessons.




Monday was a day of rest and reading Christmas books--wow-my favorite day so far.

Tuesday brought a FUN night in Salt Lake City at temple square. We went with our good friends the Moses', Adams, and Caziers. We rode tracks to downtown and spent the evening looking at the lights. We made it an extra late night by going to Krispy Kreme's and having donuts! It was such fun time! Can I say I love my friends!









Wednesday brought delivering gifts to the neighbors. I love that I can just drive the car, and I have runners to run, knock and say "Merry Christmas!"

Thursday was our traditional "St. Lucia" day. St. Lucia was a saint who was remembered for her service and kindness. On the 13th of December people recognize this day for her by making a braided sweet bread that is in the shape of a wreath with candles and cranberries (but I hate cranberries, so there are none on our wreath).



Friday we did another Christmas Craft at home.

Saturday was celebrated by going to our ward Christmas party. It was so great! We did a night in Bethlehem. The kids loved it and the program was wonderful. It helped them to remember what Christmas is all about. I felt myself getting emotional as I held my friends baby Truman as we sang Silent Night. I thought of the Savior and all he has done for me. What a blessing to be where we are right now.

3 comments:

Barb said...

I learned something new from your blog. I never knew of a St. Lucia.

Maleen said...

I like the St. Lucia Day and I would love a good recipe for sweet bread. I think you are wonderful for keeping up with everything. I'm not even letting the kids open doors anymore. We will miss you tonight at make a wish night. We planned on crashing the party but so much for good intentions.

Traci said...

You have such fun traditions! I'm going to write some of them down for next year!